At the start of the wait | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

At the start of the wait At the start of the wait

Unread 10-12-2002, 05:32 PM
At the start of the wait

Hi! I just was told I had to have surgery to remove cysts that are causing touble that were found by accident. Given the options, I chose TAH. Worried about surgery, worried about cancer. I have a date of December 5, 2002 for surgery. I am afraid I will go nuts! I am aware that if it is cancer, it was found early, but think I am in shock. Don't even know where to start to get ready. I also have Fibromyalgia and Asthma which I worry about complicating as a result of surgery.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2002, 06:06 PM
At the start of the wait

I had to suddenly have surgery for the cyst I had developed and didn't know was there! It is a big shock. My Dr was in a terrrific hurry. Scared the daylights out of me.

It is normal to worry about everything at this point. One postitive is that your Dr does not seem to be in a big hurry. They must not suspect cancer(?) Have they said? Did they say what type of cysts you have? How big they are?

I didn't seem to have symptoms, but in retrospect, I can tell I did. They were so general. I feel alot better! I hope you will, too.

The pull down menu on the home page has lots of suggestions for getting prepared for the hospital stay, etc.

Be sure to talk to the DR and the Anesthesiologist about the concerns you have with the fibro and asthma.

Ask your Dr lots of questions! Do your research and know what you want to ask. Write them down and give the DR a copy so you can go through them together. I found that helpful.

Visit and post in the Cancer Concerns Forum here if you wish.

Here is a link to more sites you might find helpful..

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=29372

And you can search the net, too. Just be sure it is a reputable site you are looking at.

I hope all turns out well for you.
Unread 10-12-2002, 06:13 PM
At the start of the wait

Hi There!

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

We're sooooo glad you've found us and that you are here at the start of your journey!

I'm sorry you're having to have this surgery, sweetie. You do have quite a wait. I had one week to prepare for mine..... there are pros and cons to both situations, I think.

Read, read, and read some more right here in the Pre Op Forum, and also take a look at the Princesses Tell Their Hyst Stories Forum to read all about what others have experienced.

There is also a wonderful Chat room here for Pre Op support; the gals there are terrific at calming fears and sharing experiences and lending support.

I don't have Fibro or Asthma, but I feel sure that your medical staff will take every precaution and take very good care of you; be sure and let them know your concerns.

Stick around, hon' - Hystersisters.com is the best hysterectomy support website on the planet!

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Cysts

My cysts were found by accident, doing a catscan for kidney stones. They are large, and the type that tend to be malignant. There was some insistance that it get done relatively soon. December was ok, but next June was not (wanted to avoid taking time off from teaching).

I also don't have symptoms, and they were not there last December at my regular visit. At least I don't have pain. I do have some symptoms similar to ovarian cancer, but those are also the symptoms of Fibromyalgia....so kind of hard to tell.

I found the pull down menus, thanks!

Rvnquest

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register