Staples versus stitches versus Steri-Strips? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Staples versus stitches versus Steri-Strips? Staples versus stitches versus Steri-Strips?

Unread 06-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Staples versus stitches versus Steri-Strips?

I was wondering who all had what. I have about 30 Steri-Strips that will probably come off Monday morning and was wondering how painful that will be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2006, 08:39 PM

I have 20 staples that will be coming off sometime between Tues and Thurs. I am looking forward to it but NOT looking forward to it!
Unread 06-24-2006, 08:41 PM

I just had 3 steri strips. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2006, 08:44 PM

Hi! It didn't hurt at all when the doctor removed my staples and then a week later removed my strips. I had 4 c-sections and a gall bladder surgery where I also had stitches. They pulled alittle when they were removed but it didn't hurt. Good Luck!

TAH/BSO
Unread 06-24-2006, 10:59 PM

I had ONLY steri-strips. I can say with some certainty that your removal of steri-strips will be a bit less painful than mine. I had blood blisters beneath them and they decided to remove them while still in the hospital. OMG! That really hurt. The few parts that had fairly normal skin beneath didn't hurt so much - not even as bad as a band-aid. Hang in there! The anticipation is worse than the real deal.
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM

It won't hurt at all. I had no staples but had 20 steri strips that I removed myself when they weren't budging after 2 weeks. When the nurse took off that DUCT TAPE dressing that was on top of the steri strips....now THAT was painful.
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:56 PM

I have had all of them in various types of surgeries. They all came out without pain. I had a lypoma removed from my arm earlier this year and I think they took the stictches out too soon. He put a steri on it but the scar was still quite wide from taking the stitches out I think. Good luck and like someone said. .the antisipation is much worse than the actual act.
Unread 06-25-2006, 09:28 AM

I had staples for about 5 days and didn't even feel the doc removing them. Then he steri stripped me and I took them off after about a week. I didn't feel that, either, since my incision site is still numb. It's been 16 days and I still can't feel anything about an inch below and 2 inches above the line. His nurse was more worried about the staple removal than I was.
I just wish I would stop hurting. I can't take pain meds and haven't in over a week. Good thing I sleep at night or I would be a basket case. I guess I really need to count my blessings!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register