im over this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-27-2011, 05:11 PM
im over this

Im so sick and tired of waiting for this pain to be over its taking over my life, i cant even dust my house without ending up doubled over in pain i get outta breath really quick i usually work 36 hours a week on my feet all day but im stuggling to stay outta bed for more than 2 hours, i cant believe thats it just adenomyosis thats causing all this. i am booked in for a hystercomy thurs the 7th of july and i hope it fixes everything. sorry for the whinge but i try to tell my partner but he doesnt understand that im in pain most of the month the only time i start to feel better is the day after my period finishes then a couple of days later it starts again .
Is anyone else out there that is going though the same i feel like such a baby i cant take anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Re: im over this

Hi jodie43

I was in increasingly severe pain during the months before my own hysterectomy. You are not a baby. The body can deal with only so much. Constant pain wears on the spirit as much as the body.

For me, the healing pain of recovery was sooooo much better than the debilitating pain I experienced before my surgery. And the pain is completely gone now.

I hope you experience wonderful results from your surgery. I'm sending huge hugs .
Unread 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM

I had constant pain that increased closer to my surgery. I was living on anti-inflammatory pills and t-3. Not as bad as what you describe, but it was life changing. I would come home from work and die on the couch. I hid it at work so no one knew how bad it was and were shocked when I announced I was having surgery. I felt so much better the instant I opened my eyes after surgery, I could not believe it! THe pain after surgery was nothing, I actually took very little meds and went home 3 days later with nothing. I did how ever find that it has taken the whole year to feel 100% normal energy wise. I am certain it is due to the fact that I went into this worn out from the problems. Believe me, you will never look back!! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2011, 08:37 PM

jodie, I feel like you, as though I'm being wimpy because I hurt and am so darned tired I can't accomplish anything it seems! But after reading here and doing research I have reaffirmed that our bodies are weak and struggling to hang on, so no shame lady! I'll be making my appointment for the Castle tomorrow, now that insurance has kicked in, and I'll say this . . . do not mess with me, I am a woman on a mission. You are weak, you are less than normal, because your body is telling you it's tired. NOT because of anything else! Until a couple months ago, my husband blew it off I think as lazy. I've now been bleeding for almost 3 months,and he is beginning to realize and put it all together. Do what you can and rest when you need to. To hell with all the rest.
Unread 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Jodie and Charlotte11: I wish you both well on your journeys. I had horrible bleeding for weeks on end. I am only three weeks post hyster., but my blood counts are higher the pain from the surgery was less than before the surgery. Take care
Unread 06-28-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodie43 View Post
Im so sick and tired of waiting for this pain to be over its taking over my life, i cant even dust my house without ending up doubled over in pain i get outta breath really quick i usually work 36 hours a week on my feet all day but im stuggling to stay outta bed for more than 2 hours, i cant believe thats it just adenomyosis thats causing all this. i am booked in for a hystercomy thurs the 7th of july and i hope it fixes everything. sorry for the whinge but i try to tell my partner but he doesnt understand that im in pain most of the month the only time i start to feel better is the day after my period finishes then a couple of days later it starts again .
Is anyone else out there that is going though the same i feel like such a baby i cant take anymore.
Hey, Jodie --

My heart goes out to you; we are kindred sisters at this point. My pain REALLY kicked in 10 weeks ago, has been escalating and has become unbearable. I am kind of scared, as my hysterectomy is looming ahead of me this Friday -- but I also can't wait until this pain is done.

I'm taking more pain meds than I EVER have before -- and I've been through the wringer with a car wreck, couple of blood clots, yada yada yada. Are you taking anything for the pain? Is your doctor helpful in this way? I don't love taking meds, as pain "has its place," at certain times. But at this point, your surgery is scheduled and you needn't suffer. My meds are not taking all of the pain away -- but enough to where I can at least shuffle through the basics each day. I will add you in my prayers.
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:09 AM

hey cocobeenie , im sorry to hear you are in so much pain also mine was managable until i had a laprocopsy and d & c 2 months ago and now the pain killers arent helping much im taking naproxen and tramadol but they only take the edge off a little. im hoping my surgery helps as i hope your does too.
its strange how strangers listen to our troubles and pain and understand when most of my friends and family dont i guess you dont understand until youve been though it. my sister said the other day if i lose weight after this surgery shes thinking bout having it done too like im getting my stomach banded i couldnt believe what i was hearing i just shook my head at her.
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Jodie -- Wow, it sounds like your procedures were "stop-gap" and probably not the best thing either; I had a cervical cone surgery in January and things were never right after that. Had a reaction to the packing material, found out last week there were polyps the gyno saw during the surgery, but didn't remove them, there are new polyps, ovarian cysts, etc. I guess our docs were being conservative -- but it looks like a Monday-morning quarterback would say we were probably both overdue for a hyster. C'est la vie -- we shall go forward, right?!

You're right about the meds, as if they essentially lose effectiveness. My current concoction is two 50-mg Tramadols and one 50-mg Demerol about every 3-4 hours. I have fibromyalgia and am trying not to worry about post-op pain . . .

RE: Your sister -- Good grief!! Can I assume she's younger/naive? Well, it's a good thing you're on this site -- I just joined tonight, though I am blessed with one person in my life -- a friend who is like a mom -- that had gone through something similar 12 years ago.

Just keep reaching out . . . ten more days . . . it probably sounds like a lot, but for what you've already been through, ten isn't as near as many as all those weeks you endured that are now behind you.

(((HUGS)))
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:31 AM

my sister cocobeenie is only 3 years younger than me im 43 but very naive lol. Im suffering from adhesions on my uterus where my bladder and bowel are stuck to it and also stuck to my c section scar also uterine polyps and the dr suspects adenomysis as he said my uterus is very enlarged and spongy he said he also removed a couple of cysts during the laproscopy. So heres hoping he can remove it all and this horrible pain that i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:56 AM

jodie43,

I feel the same way...I have fibroids and suspected adenomyosis and have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that these can be causing me to experience so much pain all month...but they must, because I am in constant pain...like you, I may have a couple of pain free days a month if I am lucky.

I will be scheduling my hysterectomy at my appointment this Thursday, and I am so ready to be done. I made the mistake of cleaning my daughter's room the other day without a break, and I paid....I ended up on the couch all evening with a heating pad on my belly.

My husband does not understand either...I think he may just be starting to wake up to it, but barely....he also (like Charlotte said) thought I was lazy before. I have next to zero energy lately....and I have always been a high energy person.

You are not a baby...in fact, you have probably tolerated MORE pain than most people would...if the truth be told.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register