TAH post hysterectomy 3 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post hysterectomy 3 days post hysterectomy 3 days

Unread 12-18-2014, 05:12 PM
post hysterectomy 3 days

So I had an abdominal hysterectomy, salpingectomy and oopharectomy and a lot of adhesion scraping Monday morning. I had been asked if I was having any spotting. Would I, even though I don't have a cervix anymore? This morning I did pass some kind of jelly looking thing when I urinated and some other pinkish chunks of something. But no bleeding. Also I have been having pretty intense sharp pains on my left side along with a lot of back pain. I have already had two BM this morning. Is that what the gas pains feel like? He did say the left side was the worst with cysts and adhesions. Or could it possible be my bladder? I have noticed I can't really feel when I need to go now, until it's really full
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2014, 05:17 PM
post hysterectomy 3 days

Oh and horrible headaches. Could it be the estrogen patch?
Unread 12-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Re: post op 3 days

Since you are only 3 days post-op, headaches can come from a lot of places including ansethesia. Don't pull of that patch just yet as the headaches could get worse if you do. I had a headache most of the time for the first few days with no patch. It could be the pain meds. The reason you may spot and have discharge without a cervix is now you have a vaginal cuff. The doctor sews the end of the vagina shut (think of like the end of a tube sock). The stitches leak and the inside may be irritated. I spotted / had discharge for 6 weeks off and on with a vaginal cuff. It is fairly normal. As for the not be able to tell when you need to pee, I had that too. It's like the bladder just doesn't understand all the trauma in there. I just got up and made sure to empty my bladder about every two hours whether I felt like I needed it or not. The normal feeling came back after a couple weeks. Are you taking your pain meds as prescribed? If they are not handling your pain, you need to let the doctor know. We don't heal as well when we are in pain. The first few days are a bit tough. in there. It does get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2014, 05:51 PM
post hysterectomy 3 days

I'm on oxy every 3 hrs as needed but have only been taking 1-2 times a day and in between just taking ibuprofen so that I don't run out too soon. I can't take tylenol due to liver issues. I actually took a flexeril last night for my back but it didn't help. Just wasn't sure if it was due to the surgery, the uncomfortable hospital bed, or just my normal back issues. I'll probably just increase the pain meds. I just didn't want to have to ask for a new rx at my 2 wk post op. My throat is actually the worst from intubation. =( throat spray is my best friend right now.
Unread 12-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Re: post op 3 days

For the first few days I took my prescription painkillers on time almost around the clock, and then weaned off of them and began using solely ibuprofen. Back issues are fairly common after hysterectomy. Remember you insides are likely swollen which could push on the nerves coming from the spinal cord. And I agree, intubation can make a sore throat, but I'm glad they do it so they can control our ansethesia so well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register