Week 6! No AF! but darn it......... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 6! No AF!  but darn it......... Week 6! No AF! but darn it.........

Unread 07-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Week 6! No AF! but darn it.........

I would have had mine last week, and boy could I feel the mood swing happen! Wow! And with just one ovary, I was hoping I would only have PMS every OTHER month! Apparently, one little ovary can do the work of two - yippee!!! Munch on, girls!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM

I understand that with time the symptoms are supposed to lessen, so good luck ladies!

Free - if they took your ovaries during your hyst., you're safe from the PMS, etc. But, you do get to look forward to possible menopause symptoms. Hmmmmm, not a very good set of choices there!
Unread 07-13-2006, 04:58 PM

I'm 6 weeks & 2 days post op & smack dab in the middle of my 2nd PMS since surgery. I wish the symptoms would lessen. I swear it seems like the PMS lasts longer. At least when I had aunt flo I knew when to stop with the chocolate, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2006, 05:13 PM

thought a hyst. would stop that--in the middle of mine and can't stop boo-whoooing----and sick of hurting--trying to go back to work but can't last more than 3-4 hrs. will it get better???????EVER??????
Unread 07-13-2006, 07:21 PM

Sounds like you need hormones, town cryer. After the hyst & before the estrogen, I cried at the drop of a hat. For absolutely no reason! And after the hormones? Honey, I'm sleeping better than ever, no hot flashes, no mood swings, and hubby is in hog heaven! I'm loving this. If this is menopause, bring it on!
Unread 07-13-2006, 07:47 PM

I devoured a big bag of cheetos today-What's up with that--
I have been doing good since my surgery (almost 6 weeks ago) and lost 10 lbs. I think I will be putting most of it back on this weekend!
Shell
Unread 07-14-2006, 08:56 AM

Crap, why did I do this then? I Getting rid of period and PMS was most of my motivation. But I kept ovaries so I guess I asked for it!
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:55 AM
forgot about the PMS

I forgot about PMS ! I've been a mess the last couple of days, crying, mad at the world, craving chocolate. My husband looked at me like I was the creature from the black lagoon last night and had the nerve to say "well you warned me that some people have personality changes after a hysterectomy". I am proud to say he is still with the living today (lol).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register