4 days post hysterectomy: Feeling nauseous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy: Feeling nauseous 4 days post hysterectomy: Feeling nauseous

Unread 10-26-2014, 11:24 AM
4 days post hysterectomy: Feeling nauseous

I've been feeling naseous since the 2nd day- is this common for anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy: Feeling nauseous

I'm nauseous as well, just keep eating small amounts of bland food - crackers, soup, etc. Don't let stomach get empty, I think that makes it worse. I think it's normal, as long as you aren't vomitting repeatedly or have a fever.
Unread 10-26-2014, 12:18 PM

Yes. I called my docs office and asked for zofran. It helps immensly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Yep, I was suffering from nausea yesterday. My doctor's office advised a clear liquid diet for 24 hours. Of course I was bored with the food choices, but it did help the nausea. Eating my first solid meal of the day now. Hopefully I will tolerate it well.
Unread 10-26-2014, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!
Unread 10-26-2014, 01:58 PM

My doctor told me it is from the pain meds.
Unread 10-26-2014, 02:45 PM

If you are taking any pain meds at all, try not to take them on an empty stomach. As another poster said, if you eat toast or other boring foods like that, you may find that you will then tolerate eating a little more.
Unread 10-26-2014, 03:40 PM

I remember Day 4 clearly (I was still in the hospital) and experiencing nausea off and on. It is completely normal. As soon as I got home, I started to make sure that I had food in my tummy with my pain medication and voila! the nausea disappeared. The hospital food was awful so I didn't eat much there and I think the medications got the best of my stomach.
Nice to meet you and I wish you a speedy recovery
Unread 10-27-2014, 05:28 AM
4 days post hysterectomy: Feeling nauseous

So I did a little research and turns out it's the ducolax (ducosate sodium) stool softener that's making my stomach upset. I have been eating before I take all my meds and it didn't help me at all. But I'm kind of a small person- 5'2" and 128#. The reason I know it's not the pain meds is cuz I haven't been taking them! I was waiting for them to wear off so my upset stomach would go away and it never went away. The only thing in my system in the last 2 days is the ducolax. And sure enough when you look at the side effects naseau is right at the top! I looked up a lot about fiber- the only answer is to increase INsoluble fiber in your diet- whole wheat, bran and veggies. The soluble fiber actually can make you constipated if you aren't drinking enough water with it- that's the oats and fruits... Well I learned a lot and I might try an over the counter laxative that isn't as strong. I read miralax doesnt cause as much an upset stomach if you eat with that. I'm getting off the ducolax!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register