Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jun 14, 2015 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jun 14, 2015 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jun 14, 2015

Unread 06-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jun 14, 2015

I'm having LAVH on Wednesday and I'm very anxious and nervous. I'm 50 yrs old and have never been in hospital for any reason. I worry about all those risks they have to tell you about. I'm ready to get this over with without any complications.

I'm afraid to be put to sleep, I worry that I'll have blood clots or a stroke, I'm scared my blood pressure will freak out or my heart will race outta control. Those are my fears, thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valfielder View Post
I'm having LAVH on Wednesday and I'm very anxious and nervous. I'm 50 yrs old and have never been in hospital for any reason. I worry about all those risks they have to tell you about. I'm ready to get this over with without any complications.

I'm afraid to be put to sleep, I worry that I'll have blood clots or a stroke, I'm scared my blood pressure will freak out or my heart will race outta control. Those are my fears, thanks for listening!
I am 44 years old and I have the exact same fears as you! I have had c sections with a spinal but was never put under for anything - it's scary! I hate the feeling of having no control over my body. I'll try to post the same day afterward to share my experience. I'm sure your surgery will go just fine :-)
Unread 06-14-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:

One more thing...I am also having a LAVH -- don't know how to correct it in my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Sisters* View Post
One more thing...I am also having a LAVH -- don't know how to correct it in my profile.
I sympathize, still trying to figure out this website. . I think that's what I'm having. All I know is that They are taking it ALL out with DaVinci and doing a bladder tack up. I think LAVH is only half the story LOL. The surgery description I signed was 2 lines long with big words I had to ask for clarifications!
Unread 06-14-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahNelle View Post
Sorry about all the comments. I'm confused. Why is everyone getting cleanses?! I'm not. I'm getting davinci, if that why? Please tell me my surgeon didn't mess up...
Sarah.
Please don't worry as many doctors do NOT require cleanses. It depends on the doctor as well as type of surgery and other factors that are totally the decision of your doctor.

Be happy you don't need to do one
Unread 06-14-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I sympathize, still trying to figure out this website. . I think that's what I'm having. All I know is that They are taking it ALL out with DaVinci and doing a bladder tack up. I think LAVH is only half the story LOL. The surgery description I signed was 2 lines long with big words I had to ask for clarifications!
When you have time, take the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the site. There are endless articles and videos.
When I was new, my new best friend was the Search feature on the site - it pulls up both current and past threads packed with info and chats are things you want to know.
Unread 06-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jun 14, 2015

Im having my surgery on Tues. I have two large fibroids and my endometrium lining is 20mm thick (my biopsy was negative). The Dr. is planning on just going through my belly button to remove everything but my ovaries and my cervix. Im really nervous that she may not be able to do it all laporascopically, but when I brought it up to her she was very confident about it. Praying for all of us this week. Ruth
Unread 06-14-2015, 09:11 AM

We're having them on the same day! You will be FINE after your hyst. I'll pray for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Sisters* View Post
My surgery is 6/16 - two days from now - and I'm so nervous! I decided to still go to work the day before to keep my mind off of things. Was that a good idea? Hoping I have enough strength on the liquid diet to make it through the day.

My biggest fear is not waking up after the surgery and my blood pressure going to low. My blood pressure has been a little high and the dr may have the anesthesiologist give me something to lower it which concerns me. Don't want it too low either!

Thanks for this site. Don't know what I would have done without all of you! :-)
Unread 06-14-2015, 09:16 AM

some doctors require a bowel cleanse and some don't. I'm have davinci too but they're making me do a cleanse. I hate doing cleanses!!!!!! Consider yourself lucky!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwright View Post
I noticed that as well! I'm having the laparoscopic and there has been no mention of a bowel prep.
Unread 06-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jun 14, 2015

Hi everyone! I'm having my surgery tomorrow at 7:30a 😳 it really just hit me today. I think the hardest part for me is that I have a 2 yr old and that was his little home for almost 10 months. It's one of outer special connections. My doctor said its a 24 hour release but if I need an extra day to let her know. I'm going to take her up in it since my little guy likes me to pick him up and climbs all over me. I feel so selfish and guilty wanting to stay that extra day. Any thoughts? Thank you everyone. I never type anything on sites but I feel like we are all bonded together by this.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register