oh my goodness - Im home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oh my goodness - Im home oh my goodness - Im home

Unread 10-13-2006, 01:42 PM
oh my goodness - Im home

hi everybody

i can't believe it,i've just came out of hospital today from a TAB. I cancelled my operation just over 2 years ago because i was so frightened. I was just as scared this time but the job had to be done. Waiting was worse. Couple of rough days had epidual so anesthetic wasn't so harsh on me. Gas was the worse but as soon as i could walk about it got it moving. I am now going to take it nice and slow to recover and looking forward to a new life.#
if you know its whats you need then go and do it don't do what i did and worry like an idiot about something thats going to help you. just be strong.

bye people

julf01

TAB enlarged uterus with mass of fibroids which had stuck it self yo my bowels and pushing my bladdder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2006, 02:40 PM
oh my goodness - Im home

Hope your recovery is speedy and glad the operation went well. Sounds like you are very happy to have gone through with it!

I'm also going to be doing an epidural for my surgery, hopefully TVH. How did that work for you? Were you awake? Do you remember anything? I'm nervous about that part, probably with no cause.
Unread 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
oh my goodness - Im home

Julf -

Welcome home! Glad all went well and you are on your road to recovery. Its amazing isn't it how we can let fears stop us from doing what we should. This is, I am sure , one of my life lessons. I'm getting better, but its hard sometimes to push through fear.

Write when you can and if you want. Remember to pamper yourself.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2006, 03:27 PM
oh my goodness - Im home

Congratulations! I know it is hard. I am going in 6 days! Hard to believe. I am so anxious and I know I will be nervous. But it has to be done. I am hoping they can do an LAVH. Won't know though till I wake up! Pamper yourself now! Life is going to be so much better!
Unread 10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
oh my goodness - Im home

hi
sorry haven't got back to you the computer decides to crash just when i need it. hope all went well . i thought the epidural was the way to go not so heavy on myself afterwards ( i wasn't awake).
Unread 10-24-2006, 03:32 PM
oh my goodness - Im home

I had a very similar experience with it. Did it with the epidural and no narcotics and would certainly do it that way again in a heartbeat. Much better than general anesthesia recovery-wise.

Best of luck to you and your computer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register