Scheduled TAH Symptoms changed right at the last minute - typical? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Symptoms changed right at the last minute - typical? Symptoms changed right at the last minute - typical?

Unread 11-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Symptoms changed right at the last minute - typical?

I've been bleeding extremely heavily since July. I've had two transfusions to combat anemia. I pass out and/or feel lightheaded frequently and am now losing my hair.

Suddenly, after making the decision to have a TAH, the bleeding STOPPED. It didn't slow first; it just STOPPED. There is no new treatment to which this can be attributed. HOWEVER, I have horrible, doubling-over, crippling abdominal pain now. (Feels like I'm being stabbed.)

In response to my phone call relating the change in symptoms, my doctor phoned in a prescription for Lortab and moved my surgery date from Tuesday 11/23 to Thursday 11/18.

Do any of you have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Re: Symptoms changed right at the last minute - typical?

when i went to the gyn for my first appt after months of heavy bleeding with almost no respite, anemia, losing hair and feeling faint, (also had weird pains across my shoulders whenever i exerted myself even slightly) my beeding stopped for a week before -he said thats typical, if we keep scheduling appts you'll probably never bleed again...lol...but of course it did start again, had a d and c, kept bleeding heavy for 2 weeks after that, scheduled the TAH and it stopped and hasn't started again.(5 weeks now) i have been getting iron shots and have my energy building everyday, getting things done, feeling motivated and positive about life again....but i am still going to get the tah done in jan. because it could start up again any time (or not) going into menopause with so much estrogen exposure increases your ca risks (not by that much but) i keep thinking what if they missed something during the d and c ? what if i cancel and it starts and i have to reschedule all over again?
i wish you all the best
Unread 11-13-2010, 12:28 PM

I had crazy bleeding that started in May, ended up bleeding for 25 days with hemoraghing. I ended up having 6.7 blood count, had to have blood transfusion, was put on iron pills also to bring up the count, and aygestin(projestin) to stop the bleeding. Well after 3 days of being on those pills i stopped bleeding but for only 21 days then I started again while on the pills, not as heavy but it lasted for 14 days, then I stopped again. (But don't you know I started bleeding again while I was in pre op) I had alot of tests done the month before surgery and all they could find was enlarged uterus. Well surgery day came my blood count was good up to 13. After surgery it went down to about a 7 again so needless to say had to have an iron transfusion and a blood transfusion my second night in the hospital.(And was put on iron pills again) After pathology took a look at my uterus they found I had extensive adnemyosis (which MRI and ultrasounds did not show) So for me I made the right decision having a TAH. Best of luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2010, 12:59 PM

I'm glad to hear of others having the symptoms temporarily disappear. I wish I knew the source of the pain.

Your blood counts look like mine, Wolven. I'm taking 800% of the RDA of iron in prescription form. My family jokes that I could bathe in liver and still not have enough iron. (I'm not finding it funny!) :*)
Unread 11-16-2010, 03:30 PM

does a d and c find adenomyosis?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register