Less bleeding, more pains!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less bleeding, more pains!! Less bleeding, more pains!!

Unread 02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Less bleeding, more pains!!

Mines decreased as well about four months before my surgery from about 15-20 days instead of the whole month. However, cramping increased about 4 months before that. In the end, my parts were at a 180 degree angle and my cervix couldn't be felt vaginally. A fibroid was leaning on my spine which is why I had back pain. Another fibroid was pushing up on my already enlarged uterus. I didn't have endo. I had pain all around my mid section all the time.

Maxine, you had a laposcopy a long time ago. Has your gyn said if your uterus is enlarged or if you have fibroids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2007, 04:06 PM

That is the way I was with my pain from the fibroids. Strange thing is I still get pain about the same time every month in my back. I am going to monitor this. I also thought that Maxine's lap was a long time ago. My uterus was enlarged also and it was just nestled on my spine. I had three altogether and my ovarian cyst was sitting between my uterus and my bowels was causing all kinds of havoc. I was also anemic and we couldn't find out why. I now think it was the endo that caused it.

Uterus was 14 cm ovarian cyst 9.3 cm three fibroids one 5 cm and the others were around 2 and 3 cm Plus the endo was all over my insides and had almost completely blocked my small intestine. Periods were not heavy and cylce was normal. No menopause symptoms had begun.
Unread 02-01-2007, 05:05 PM

I can't pinpoint my period cause it was continuous after I tried uterine artery embolization in 2004. Not until April 2006 did I get a break. It's only been a month for me so far and I just attribute any pain/twitch/stab that I'm feeling is from the surgery. In any event, I will take this sensation (that will eventually get better) over the feeling of someone walking on my back with cleets that I had before surgery.

ilv2so6-you were anemic and they couldn't find out why? I hate to read stuff like this. In this day and age there should be an explanation for every medical problem.
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Newlife ... I had an ablation done in 2005 which did not work as my uterus, apparently, was to long and narrow (it was a Novasure ablation). There was never any mention of fibroids at that time. How quickly can they grow?
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:41 PM

Maxine, they can appear and grow quite quickly. When mines were discovered, my primary and I took the wait and see method. Well the largest one had a growth spur of several centimeters in three months. It was 17cm when I had the uterine artery embolization. It grew 7cm in three months.

Did you have a cat or MRI scan this year or last year? They can also be felt vaginally, but most doc's will have you have a cat scan or MRI to get an idea of how large they are-if you have them.
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:45 PM

I went in an had a colonosopy and endosocopy, blood work and nothing. Then again I didn't go back in to have it check until 8 months later and that is when I found out I had all of these female problems. I really believe the endometreosis was my underlying cause of my problems. Thank heavens that is gone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register