pain pain pain Doctor has not returned call | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain pain pain Doctor has not returned  call pain pain pain Doctor has not returned call

Unread 06-06-2013, 12:17 PM
pain pain pain Doctor has not returned call

When is it acceptable to call doctors office again?! Yesterday was one week post op?! I was looking forward to be out of pain since doc said hubby only needed to be home one week with me and only prescribed me one week of pain meds. I wake up this morn in great pain still. I just now braved a shower ....now in tears and still have not heard from doc this morn hoping to get a refill because laying on the couch is a a feat to conquer!! Let alone my daily goal of walking around house showering and pouring my own drinks and cuddling with my three kiddos did I mention going potty and cleaning myself!?!?
I don't know what to do...what is proper etiquette am I being a big wimp!?!? Am I insane!?
.confused hurting distraught
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Re: pain pain pain Doctor has not returned call

Don't worry about etiquette. If you are in pain, you keep calling until you get an answer. If your surgeon is taking too long, you can call your family doctor and if you can't get hold of anyone, head to the ER. I am so sorry that you are in pain at this time.
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:42 PM

Even though I only had a laparoscopic removal of left ovary and fallopian tube?! Not major what if he thinks I'm over exaggerating and that's why he is not calling back?! I'm not I'm crying I just took ant nausea med because I'm starting to get pukey cuz pain is so bad....
But I'll call I'm so nervous and so hurting

Thank you for your recommendation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Oh, you poor kid! ((((Hugs)))) don't take his failure to return your call personally though ... he may be busy with back to back appointments and is waiting for a breaks get than a few minutes to call you back? Or in surgery? Next time you call,and I believe 100% that you should call any time you're scared, in pain, or have concerns, ask if there's another doctor in the practice who could speak with you? Or call your local Emerg and see if there's someone who could speak with you? If the pain is too great to wait, or you're scared, go to the closest Emerg Dept as fast as you can - there'll be someone there that can help you, or they'll call someone in.
Good luck, Carrie
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Im in the same position and i feel bad for u. I had my hystetectomy yestetday tge pain meds he gave me percocet 5/325 and they arent touching the pain i called doc and no call back i cant stop crying and i cant move so i no what ur feeling this is the worst thing ive ever went through
Good luck to u
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM

If you can't get a response from your doctors office, try your primary care physician. If you reach a dead end there, try either a local urgent care clinic or the ER.

You should not feel like a wimp. You had major surgery. Everyone heals at different paces and handles pain differently. While a select few women only need a week's worth of meds, it is not unusual for some to be taking meds even a month after surgery. You know your body and what you can handle and you should not suffer.

Hugs to you.
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM

Intense pain following any surgery is a reason to call the doctor. While it could be par the course, it could also indicate a complication.

If you called this morning, your pain is no better or is worse, call again.

Unread 06-08-2013, 09:40 AM

So my doctor never called me back. I continued to call never left another voicemail no one answered I had a miserable night. Then Friday morning I left another message. No callback. Continued to call no answer. I had two different numbers as well. So my husband asked me if I wanted ti go to er by 1145 hrs because I was miserable miserable miserable by then. So I was there for 6 hrs. Nothing was wrong. They did pelvic ultra sound to be on safe side. Just normal pain after surgery. Gave me new prescription for pain meds. Told me to call my Dr on Monday if I cannot get hold of him but get through demand to speak to some doctor in the office to explain what happen and the intense pain I was in.
Thanks all for your support. I'm feeling a teeny better. I guess I need to rest and get the meds back in my system because for what over 24 hrs no meds and all that crying didn't help!!!! And then laying on a stretcher dis not help. Oh and thw ultra sound tech drove my wheel chair.into the door jam. Then slammed the breaks on. Then she asked me what i was there for. I so kindly told her one week post op severe pain. She was like oooh. Hehehe so much fun past couple days!! Positive outlook I'm trying
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM

Wow I am so so sorry you had to go through that. I had laparoscopy to remove both ovaries on june 5 and even though they say you can go back to work or whatever else after a week that by no means indicated you should be out of pain. Everyone is different and recovers from surgery in their own time. I think I have a pretty high tolerance to pain, but after a week still needed some pain medicine. I am allergic to NSAIDs so that adds a small complication, but, do not beat yourself up for still needing medicine or being in pain. I was doing that yesterday and my dear hubby gave me a much needed reset....the took out part of your insides and cut thru your abdominal muscles....why would I think I should be super woman a week after that!

I feel horribly bad that you have such an unresponsive doctor though....wow
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:29 PM

Hey, I am so sorry your hurting last year I felt just like you feel now, I was worried about looking like some kinda junky or a liar about being in pain. I have a high tolerence for it but after my surgery I was like winnie the poo. Stand up for you, I know you are in pain, I told myself next month when I have my last and ovary removed if I am in pain I will let him know asap! Because he gave me like loratab 5mg with the amount of 20 taking 1 to 2 every 4 to 6 hours and 1 not helping the pain I ended up not taking them for a day and ended up throwing my body in shock or something because the pain was like being cut open with a dull knife while being awake.

please don't feel bad about hurting its your body....
Praying for recovery and hoping you get the pain under control soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register