Da Vinci 7 days out...how should I feel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci 7 days out...how should I feel? Da Vinci 7 days out...how should I feel?

Unread 01-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Da Vinci 7 days out...how should I feel?

I had Da Vinci one week ago today (1/17/2012)...I was in the hospital one night, came home the day after surgery and felt pretty darned good, considering. Each day was a smidge better with the gas pains going away, the inscisions feeling good etc. Day 3 home I felt like I was hit by a Mack truck, day 4 was better. Today is day 7...I have a constant pain in my right side, between my hips and ribs, and I feel like my organs are settling. This pain in my side is pretty bad...back hurts...I told my friend it was like my guts hurt and are retaliating against me. I have been taking my percocet as prescribed (I have been an "over-doer" as I am a single mom who was left here for dead with my two kids) and am taking Motrin 800...I am down to 3 percocet (out of 30) and didn't know if I was a wuss for kicking around the idea of calling my Dr. for a refill...should I still feel like I need it? Today was a bad day and I spent most of the day watching judge shows on the couch...help///
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Re: Da Vinci 7 days out...how should I feel?

I am 14 days post op today. Call your doc for more pain meds!! Each day is different...one day good and next day down. You never know. First week gas pains were bad, then they went away. Gas pains showed back up yesterday!! Just take it easy. I have been feeling good the last 2 days, now today I have bad pains on my lower right side....you just never know!!
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM

I had that pain in my right side for almost four weeks, but became more bearable each day. I think they must have really manipulated my muscles on that side and they were sore. It was the worst pain of the whole surgery.
Your back is probably hurting because you've shifted how you walk and/or lay and such to compensate for your abdomen. To help my side I ended up laying on my back with a pillow under my knees and a pillow over my abdomen which for some reason helped.
It can't hurt to call the doctor and see what he suggests for the pain or see if he gives you a refill. I used Tylenol Extra Strength for weeks 2 through 4. I hope you feel better soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM

Thanks ladies!! I took 2 of the last 3 pills, feels a lil better, but I'm just ready to call it a day. I called and left a message at my Dr's office earlier today, so I am hoping for a call back tomorrow. I thought maybe I was being a wuss since the majority says they felt great so soon after...
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:19 PM

I ran out of my meds early too. My doc just wrote me another script today. I think we are kinda in the same boat I was a single mom untill I got married 10yrs ago, but I am so use to doing everything because he is also in the air force & they are gone a lot.
I am 12 days post op dvh & I'm telling you I felt great till yesterday! I walked in Walmart, I've gone to the grocery store then WHAM I was down..so if your doc writes you another script hold on to a few & take motrin when you can.
If you promise me you'll take it easy (easier) I will promise you that I will do the same!! Deal??
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:29 PM

It's funny that you say that...almost all of the girls in my group had a rough day seven or eight. We concluded that the last of the anesthetic from surgery had finally worn off, and we were finally feeling the full effect of the surgery. My progression was almost just like yours. My advice? Anti-inflammatories...ibuprofen and alleve. It's one thing to control the pain, but if you can get rid of the swelling causing the pain, that's even better! Don't be discouraged...in a couple of days, this, too, will be a distant memory!
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:43 PM

PROMISE I will take it easier...as a testament to that, we had fluffernutter sandwiches for dinner!! I was planning on going back into the office on Thursday, but frankly, I may just hang out til Monday...got a lot of "Judge" shows to watch!
In all honesty, I have felt like crap all day today and thought I was going insane! Glad to know I'm not!
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM

Nope your not insane..what are the odds that both of us are? LOL
Good glad to hear it & I will too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register