This is for those Pre-op Sisters visiting this Board | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This is for those Pre-op Sisters visiting this Board This is for those Pre-op Sisters visiting this Board

Unread 09-03-2005, 09:39 AM
This is for those Pre-op Sisters visiting this Board

Hello Sisters,

I am 5 weeks post-op from a TAH. I was surfing around yesterday evening on the different boards and realized that before my surgery the posts on this board just scared me to death. So many horror stories.....stories of pain and complications. Sometimes we forget to post that we are having good days.

Those of us that have had surgery come to this board because this is where we can share, vent, ask others "Am I normal?", etc., after surgery. Our familes and friends don't understand what we are going through, but the Sisters here do. Everyone of us is different. We have different tolerances to pain, we have different reasons for having this surgery.

The other day there was a post about shooting pain in the vagina all the way to the outside. I have been having that. I just thought I was crazy because my surgery was through my abdomen and they didn't do anything down that far. It was refreshing to know that if I am , I am not alone!

Personally, I had some complications. Not major ones but I did spend an extra day in the hospital. And my pain was worse because of it. But at 5 weeks I am doing okay. I have days when I hurt, days when my belly really swells (I've over done it....been up too much...or done too much), days when I say, jeeze, I shouldn't have done that. Driving was a big thing. And even now I have to take the RR Tracks very, very easy. Have to roll to my side to get up. And to sleep comfortably on my side, I have to put a pillow under my belly. I have found I am not alone in any of this.

The best advice I can give to anyone that is contemplating hysterectomy or has been scheduled is become educated about your condition. Ask your doctor questions. Check out the alternatives. And know that you are not alone. The decisions you have to make are yours and your doctors. My own doctor said that she loves it when she has a patient that is involved in her own treatment options. This site is filled with helpful and accurate information. It has been a real blessing to me. And personally, my best option was hysterectomy. It might or might not be for you.

I know I made the right decision for me. I had surgery.

Prayers and blessings to all of my Hyster Sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 10:01 AM

i had my surgery the same day! i must say that everything texastea has said is completely true for me also. i think the worst part of this whole experience was the waiting for my surgery day.this has been the best thing i have ever done for myself and i would do it again in a second! we are all different and only you know if this best thing for you. good luck to all our ladies in waiting! God bless you
Unread 09-03-2005, 12:05 PM

I would like to share my quick recovery story, to make sure pre-ops will get another positive perspective too. It is now over 3 months and I feel great.
I think if sisters look at the posts here they may get the idea that everyone has long lasting complications. The truth is that this site was invaluable to me in the early days of recovery when I had bladder spasms and swelly belly and anxiety and pain. But, as I felt better and got busier it was difficult to find the time to post anymore. Now, I only see one other familiar name posting within the last couple weeks.
Sex feels better than it had been in years, for DH too. No problem with the big O. For everyone who worries about diminished orgasms, count me on the other side.
I've lost a little weight, without even trying and my stomache is now flatter than it's been in years. Gone is the 4 months pregnancy sized uterus that was constantly bleeding and causing debilitating pain and anemia. Good Riddance!
I'm older than many and understand that a younger sister would deal with grief and fears that I didn't, but if I knew earlier what I know now, I would have had an elective hysterectomy 10 years ago!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register