2nd surgery update .. im home already - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd surgery update .. im home already 2nd surgery update .. im home already

Unread 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM
2nd surgery update .. im home already

The hospital called told them what was going on they said to call my dr asap.. So I called she called back and said I need a dressing change. They gave us some stuff at the hospital and Dh has done so many dressing changes from previous surgies I have had .> She said if this one saturates to call her back and she will meet me at the hospital to see what is going on but the incision looks good I wont have to go back to the hospital, I see her Monday morning at 10 am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2008, 03:02 PM

Hi Cathie

I am so sorry that this is causing you more concerns.

I have my fingers crossed for you as always.

Hugs

Katy
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Katy,

Thank you, I told my dr if things are going to go wrong they will go wrong with me.. She laughed because she knows im right on this surgery.. But you should see the huge improvment on my tummy ..My alien lump is gone !!!
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Hi! I also had drains (and issues with them) after my hysterectomy and after the debridement of my hematoma/seroma a year after the hysterectomy.

You should find that the fluid coming out of the drains gets less red as time goes on. I found that the drainage slowed down, then picked up again, then slowed down... you get the picture. Sometimes there were little strands of what I figured were tiny clots coming through the drain. (Sorry if that's TMI but it's the only way I know how to describe it.)

After my hyst, all the drains came out within three weeks of surgery. But after the hematoma surgery, I still had drains in (and producing fluid) at 5 weeks post-op! It was sort of annoying, but not painful. I was just very "aware" of the drains, as I'm sure you are, too.

Once the drains come out, it will take a couple of days for the fluid to stop coming out. In other words, it's normal to continue to "leak" a bit after the drains are removed. After all, you had a small hole, so it will take a little time for the skin to heal over. In the meantime, I found it helpful to keep paper towels and (clean of course) washcloths on hand to help keep the area dry.

Hope this helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register