dVH/RALH How much walking/ standing is TOO much? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much walking/ standing is TOO much? How much walking/ standing is TOO much?

Unread 08-09-2013, 10:35 PM
How much walking/ standing is TOO much?

Day 25....
Had a really rough night last night with a stabbing pain in my right side of my tummy...took extra pain meds and it was still bothering me this afternoon so i napped after more meds (this is getting crazy) and felt pretty good in the late afternoon. Went to a couple of shops...didn't pick up anything-- only pushed and empty cart. Went to Joann fabrics and played with the sewing machines (sitting) and by the time i got home -- only 3 hours of sitting/standing/walking and my tummy was so swelled up and the pain is just NOW barely going away. It seems like I should be much better by now and I am soooo frustrated!!!
Advice?? Because I am really upset that i have to postpone our trip to the zoo tomorrow because walking is awful. This is the worst because I reallllly wanted to feed the giraffes tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Re: How much walking/ standing is TOO much?

Awww how sweet u want to feed the giraffs.. My heart breaks for you. I wish I could tell you everything will magically be healed. You've already done more than I have. I guess it's a listen to your body type thing. Is it a big zoo? (((Hugs)))
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:09 AM

Thank you. Yes-- it's the Detroit Zoo (one of the few remaining good things in the D)
I know I could rent a wheelchair but who enjoys that? I will just wait a coupl weeks and see how it goes. And ohhhh yes-- Giraffes are the most beautiful and graceful creature God ever created!! They are my absolute favorite!! <3 <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 08:25 PM

I think it varies from person to person.I felt great Thursday compared to how I have been feeling so...I went grocery shopping with my hubby.I didn't lift anything or push the cart.Half way through it I started hurting pretty bad in my right side and just couldn't go any more.Came home took pain meds and discovered I was spotting again.I hate being couped up in the house but what can I do?I hope you get feeling better soon!
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Amy-- that is EXACTLY how i feel!! Heck today I showered and went back to bed...been here ALL day. Mostly because I am peeved at the husband-- as usual- but I am sooooo tired of being tired and cooped up here and HUNGRY!! I swear if I don't eat cereal or throw things until he takes me out-- I won't even eat!!
I don't even know how to feel anymore..... UGH!!!
Hope you get better soon too!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register