LAVH Bleeding during/after sex + bm 5 mo. post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding during/after sex + bm 5 mo. post hysterectomy Bleeding during/after sex + bm 5 mo. post hysterectomy

Unread 06-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Bleeding during/after sex + bm 5 mo. post hysterectomy

Hey ladies!

I'm almost five months after my LAVH and I am having problems with bleeding. Every time I have sex, I bleed and bleed lightly (on toilet paper or in the toilet for 24 hours afterwards. I'm also starting to bleed anytime I have a bowel movement from my vagina.

I made an appointment with my gynecologist, but I can't get in for another 3 weeks.

I read some topics about the vaginal cuff not healing right. But I'd like to know what's going on or if anyone else has this.

Also, my sex drive is through the roof and it's frustrating because I don't want to have sex until I know the cause of bleeding 😓

Thank you,
Alyssa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Re: Bleeding during/after sex + bm

You may need to call the Dr back and explain that you are having this type of bleeding. Most gynecologist will work you in if they realize there is bleeding that is abnormal and that sounds abnormal.
Unread 06-06-2015, 07:12 PM

Hi Alyssa,
I have had the same issues that you are having since 5 months post op. I am now 8 months and have seen my doctor 5 or 6 times and she has no answer for me. Started vaginal cream 2 weeks ago and her last ditch answer for me was thinning vaginal walls. But guess what, had a bm this morning and started spotting brown again. She has told me everything is healed and I have seen 2 other docs in the practice and they have no answer either.
This is so frustrating since I thought having a hysterectomy was going to stop all this. Please respond back if you get any answers. I am at the point where I am just going to live with it. Its taking a toll on my marriage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2015, 08:41 PM

Dang Darlene!i will for sure let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene39 View Post
Hi Alyssa,
I have had the same issues that you are having since 5 months post op. I am now 8 months and have seen my doctor 5 or 6 times and she has no answer for me. Started vaginal cream 2 weeks ago and her last ditch answer for me was thinning vaginal walls. But guess what, had a bm this morning and started spotting brown again. She has told me everything is healed and I have seen 2 other docs in the practice and they have no answer either.
This is so frustrating since I thought having a hysterectomy was going to stop all this. Please respond back if you get any answers. I am at the point where I am just going to live with it. Its taking a toll on my marriage.
Unread 06-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Re: Bleeding during/after sex + bm 5 mo. post hysterectomy

I'm so sorry you're having this issue! I imagine its frustrating and a bit scary too,not knowing why the bleeding is happening. I'm glad you have an appointment with your doctor, and I agree with fiestyfelix that it's worth a try to call the office and see if they can work you in sooner.

Since your ovaries were removed, it could be vaginal dryness or atrophy. Another possibility is granulation tissue on the vaginal cuff. Unfortunately, only your doctor can say for sure but here are some articles that may be helpful in the meantime:

Vaginal Atrophy
Granulation Tissue

Please do come back and let us know how you're doing & what the doctor said. I'm sending you hugs that it's an easy fix!

Unread 06-07-2015, 08:48 AM

Hi OP, you mentioned your sex drive is very high,,were your ovaries removed? What are you taking to help with sex? I had my ovaries taken out and notice my interest in sex has completely plummeted...
Unread 06-07-2015, 02:03 PM

Thank you for those amazing links. I definitely thing it is either one of those. I can not take hormones due to past breast cancer.

I have an increased sex drive and no problem with lubrication. But I still bleed. Yes, both ovaries were removed, so I have no idea why the drive has increased. My orgasms take longer to achieve, and I can no longer rely on my "go to" G spot because I think they removed it 😳😂😂. I can't find it anymore. But I seem to have a shorter vagina now too.

I'll let you know what the Ob/Gyn says! 💖
Unread 08-25-2015, 10:13 AM

What did your gyno say?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register