How many pads? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many pads? How many pads?

Unread 08-15-2011, 09:32 PM
How many pads?

I gave all my "stuff" to my daughter over a year ago. Can anyone share with me how many pads you went thru after a vaginal hysterectomy? I've already gone thru menopause if that makes a difference. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Re: How many pads?

I posted a similar question when I first joined this site. Here is the thread for it:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=450906

Hope that helps answer your question!

If the link doesn't work, just click on my user name and scroll down to where it says something about "all posts by member" or something along those lines.

Best Wishes!
Unread 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM

That's really a tough question to answer. I didn't need any after my TVH because I never had any bleeding or discharge. Some women do and so a having a pack on hand just in case would be a good idea.

Deb
Unread 08-15-2011, 11:28 PM

I have some panty liners and also went and bought some Always Infinity that were suggested on here, the small pack though. That way if I don't use them it's not a big deal since it was only a couple bucks, the liners I use all the time so have them in the cabinet already. Maybe just buy a small pack and if you don't use them you can give them to your daughter or someone else that still has to deal with the feminine hygiene issues.
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:01 AM

I wore them for about 7 weeks after my VH, but I also had tons of repair work done, so it takes longer for all those stitches to disolve. That becomes a rusty colored to yellow discharge eventually. If you don't have repairs done, it may not last long. I still keep a pack on hand. Can't get used to "you never know" not being an issue!
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:05 AM

I had a TAH and stopped wearing pads two days after I got out of hospital, when I realized I was not actually bleeding and did not have any discharge. I always use a panty liner anyway, so I kept up that practise.
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:08 AM

Only the first week, maybe less I used about 3 or 4 a day. (could used just 1, but didn't like the feeling in wearing them all day)
After that pantyliners, after week 8 nothing.
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:27 AM

Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know what to expect and now I know.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:09 AM

I had a TVH via Davinci and had no bleeding. (very small amount of clearish pink after first BM) I haven't had to use any pads at all! Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:10 AM

I will be 6 weeks post op on Thursday Aug 18.I only had to wear liners for about a week but that was due to discharge from an infection.I didn't have any bleeding.Not even in the first 24 hours after my hyster.Thank goodness because my last period before my surgery lasted for 33 days and it ended with my hyster.I had plenty of pads and liners on hand(just incase).Always ad to buy them in bulk.Not anymore!Free at last.....woohoo!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register