TVH Vaginal pressure and pain 4 weeks post hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal pressure and pain 4 weeks post hysterectomy Vaginal pressure and pain 4 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Vaginal pressure and pain 4 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi Everyone
I so worried. I had a TVH with anterior and posterior repair for uterine prolapse on May 22 2017.Recovering well except for
issues with gas and constipation.
Been eating lots of fiber and using stool softener but this morning very constipated and had so much pressure from my vagina and rear. Thought my colon was pushing down very painful. Managed to empty my bowel but I have been having pain and pressure in my vagina on and off today. Couple of times felt something like a stab. I have no bleeding or discharge.
I am so worried that I might have caused another prolapse and I don't see the doctor for another two weeks.
I checked down there any my outer labia appears like they are spreading. Look so like before I had the operation. I have been taking it easy but did a lot of walking yesterday. Had some pain not much. Has anyone experienced anything like this.
Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Re: Vaginal pressure and pain 4 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi there! While I did not have the anterior or posterior repairs, I am all too familiar with the constipation issues and feeling like it was putting pressure in the vaginal area. I still deal with it on occasion when I find that I don't have enough water. While you are eating plenty of fiber and stool softeners, make sure that you have enough water/tea, etc. Having too much fiber without having enough water can create the constipation issues as well.

To help with gas, try some peppermint tea and/or GasX. Walking as much as you comfortably can should also keep things moving. Things that helped me with my BMs include foods with magnesium like leafy greens, nuts, seeds and dark chocolate. I had warmed prune juice and/or prunes. I also had yogurt in a smoothie or probiotic capsules to help get the good digestive bacteria into my stomach. Stay away from gassy foods like broccoli, beans, onions, cabbage, etc.

It sounds like you increased your activities yesterday and your body may have signaled that it needed some rest. Allow yourself some rest and increase activities slowly while listening to your body. If you are concerned, it never hurts to call your doctor's office for some peace of mind.

Sending your way. Hang in there!
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:47 PM

Thank you so much Falfrenzy for responding and your suggestions.
I will definitely take your sage advise.
It is depressing when you feel great one day and the next day you have so many issues happening.
I am also urinating more then usual today and still feeling mild pelvic pain.
I so appreciate ladies like you who care enough to respond to our concerns.
Bless you and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2017, 08:43 PM

You've had some great suggestions for keeping things moving! On the swelling issue, I was astonished at how swollen things were and how much rectal pressure I had. Several times I was worried I had caused damage. But... I got a glowing report at my eight week check. And I called my surgeon's office twice with questions when I was having concerns. They were kind and concerned, so I'd encourage you to call your surgeon's office if you're really concerned!

Good luck, and know that it gets better.
Unread 06-20-2017, 05:14 AM

Thanks for responding mnw!
I appreciate your words of encouragement and hope that I too do not have any more episodes of severe rectal and vaginal pressure like I experienced. I will try my best to follow previous posting advise and yours.
I will update once I see the doctor in 2 more weeks.
Blessings to all.
Unread 07-06-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanapell View Post
Hi Everyone
I so worried. I had a TVH with anterior and posterior repair for uterine prolapse on May 22 2017.Recovering well except for
issues with gas and constipation.
Been eating lots of fiber and using stool softener but this morning very constipated and had so much pressure from my vagina and rear. Thought my colon was pushing down very painful. Managed to empty my bowel but I have been having pain and pressure in my vagina on and off today. Couple of times felt something like a stab. I have no bleeding or discharge.
I am so worried that I might have caused another prolapse and I don't see the doctor for another two weeks.
I checked down there any my outer labia appears like they are spreading. Look so like before I had the operation. I have been taking it easy but did a lot of walking yesterday. Had some pain not much. Has anyone experienced anything like this.
Thanks for listening.
Hi everyone
I had my 6 wks exam and doctor said I am still tender and stitches are still visible. Prescribed estrogen cream for granulations.
He has released me to go back to work. I go back on Monday. I am a little relieved that doctor said to wait 2 more weeks for relations. I have been having vagina pressure and pain and even internal exam was a bit painful.
I see doc back in 6 weeks.
I appreciate this site and the ladies that offered advise when I was worried.
Blessings and succesful recoveries for all.
Unread 07-06-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanapell View Post
Hi everyone
I had my 6 wks exam and doctor said I am still tender and stitches are still visible. Prescribed estrogen cream for granulations.
He has released me to go back to work. I go back on Monday. I am a little relieved that doctor said to wait 2 more weeks for relations. I have been having vagina pressure and pain and even internal exam was a bit painful.
I see doc back in 6 weeks.
I appreciate this site and the ladies that offered advise when I was worried.
Blessings and succesful recoveries for all.
Thanks so much for the update! Sex is scary the first time, but with patience and understanding, it gets better! So glad to hear that things are on track for you. Good luck!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register