Scheduled dVH/RALH Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/20: T minus 24 hours and I feel prepared | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/20: T minus 24 hours and I feel prepared Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/20: T minus 24 hours and I feel prepared

Unread 06-19-2017, 04:13 PM
Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/20: T minus 24 hours and I feel prepared

Well I just had my pre op appointment at the hospital. I got labs done, an EKG, did paperwork and got my arrival time for tomorrow. I found out that I'll be staying overnight which is a relief because it is crazy hot here and I don't handle pain well.
My home is clean, bedroom ready, meals done. The cat is boarding. I got stuff to make my husband a snack box for the hospital with crackers, trail mix, protein shakes and chocolate. But I am exhausted from pushing hard to get all this done. Hystersisters, you saved my sanity with all the encouragement and information. I will see you all on the flip side! And I'm going to do something here, I'm going to offer a prayer, because that's how we roll in the Shire we my home:
Lord, bless the brave women here, bless them and there families and friends. Fill their hearts, homes, and lives with the light of your love grace Mercy and healing. Keep them safe in surgery and healing. Amen.
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:50 PM

Fluffy Kitten!!

You are going to do great tomorrow and the procedure will be over before you know it!!! Just know your sisters are here cheering for you and we'll be here for you as you start on your recovery road.

Sahana
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:18 PM

Wow you really are prepared! How did you find the motivation to get it all done?! Way to go!
Surgery is going to go great! You'll be in my prayers! Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Re: T minus 24 hours and I feel prepared

You're right! The information on this website is invaluable! My surgery is tomorrow morning and I'm packing my bag in between researching things on this site. Praying for everyone's recovery and the good health in our futures.

Best wishes to all!

Crystal
Unread 06-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Re: T minus 24 hours and I feel prepared

Best of luck all you wonderful gals having surgery this week!

You're in the home stretch and we will be waiting to greet you all when you are recovering

Best of luck for a safe surgery and good recovery.
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cn88 View Post
Wow you really are prepared! How did you find the motivation to get it all done?! Way to go!
Surgery is going to go great! You'll be in my prayers! Best wishes!
Hystersisters! The checklists helped the most. I did end up boarding my dog at the very last minute because I found out I will be staying overnight at the hospital. Found this out from the RN at the pre op appointment at the hospital this afternoon. I'm honestly relieved at that for pain control. Last night as a uterus owner, woohoo!!!! best of luck with your surgery my dear!
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissyO View Post
You're right! The information on this website is invaluable! My surgery is tomorrow morning and I'm packing my bag in between researching things on this site. Praying for everyone's recovery and the good health in our futures.

Best wishes to all!

Crystal
Crystal
Good luck, safe surgery and speedy recovery! May you enjoy your uterine free future of cute undies, small purses, and spontaneous vacations not based on Aunt Flo or surprise gushers. See you on the flip side! Watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt always cheers me up.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register