Pre Opp Visit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre Opp Visit Pre Opp Visit

Unread 10-02-2003, 02:22 AM
Pre Opp Visit

Hi Ladies
I had my pre opp visit yesterday, my D/H came along. I had an ECG and when I went to see the doc. he was a bit unsure about it and left D/H and I alone for 15 min. while he checked with another doctor, I was soooo nervous ( what is wrong with my heart) but he came back into the room with a grin on his face, No every thing is fine, ahhh .
He has put off the blood tests till the Friday before the Hyst, as I have been anemic with the last few Aunty Floe visits. bad bleeding and cramps that last up to 25 days or more.
Today Aunty Floe has arrived but is behaving LOL (so far) I even marked it down in a month when she will arrive again on the calander not thinking, then laughed when I relized no more, after the 15th yeeeaaaaa.
I am still working Hubby and I have our own mowing business 21 years, we love it but latley the fibroids are growing (big Belly) and get tired quickley . I can't see myself pushing mowers for a while.
Oh well have to cook tea.
see ya Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Pre Opp Visit

Hi garden gem,

I love your member name!! I was wondering how you came up with it, and then I read your post and see that you have a lawn mowing business - yes, you're definitely going to have to take a break from it for several weeks. Please be sure to talk to your doctor about the mowers that you use, and ask when it will be safe for you to help out again.

I'm glad your ECG was OK - that must have been a little unsettling when he went to talk with another .

I hope you are enjoying your

's
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Pre Opp Visit

Hi,

I'm so happy that the tests turned out ok , especially after that scare!

I can imagine that pushing a mower would be even a bigger than a vacuum. Definately discuss that with your dr.

I hope that you got to enjoy your tea. I like mine spiced!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Pre Opp Visit

Hi Garden Gem

Congratulations! It's wonderful when things go right, but scarry as ****when the doctor gets that look and leaves the room....
Yikes !

Glad your hear is fine. I once had the doctor, no kidding, hold the
ECG upside down as he was talking to a patient. He had such a confused look on his face. I probably wouldn't have known any better, but had just been studying for ACLS, so we got it turned around....comedy of errors that the patient didn't seem to notice.

Good luck, Sweetie,

Dilu

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register