I had my pre-op today. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I had my pre-op today. I had my pre-op today.

Unread 10-03-2003, 05:27 PM
I had my pre-op today.

Joan Rivers once said that bravery was making a gynocology appointment and showing up for it. I'd like to take that further and say that super bravery is making an appointment for a hyst and showing up for it.

My pre-op went well. I had the usual blood work and a urine sample. I also had an EKG. The admitting nurse talked a long time to me about all my concerns and questions. She had a hyst 9 years ago and was pretty knowledgeble.

I have to take a Fleets Enema Sunday night one hour before going to bed. I also have to do a Betadine douche. I'm glad I don't have to do laxatives. I was afraid I'd have to. When I had my colonoscopy I was up all night in the bathroom. But this time I got off light with the bowel prep.

Now all I got to do is show up at 6:15 am on Monday the 6th and the rest will be history.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 05:45 PM
I had my pre-op today.

Glad your pre op went well, you are almost there now.

s

Donna
Unread 10-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I had my pre-op today.

Oh Ramona,

You have done so well so far....you have been so strong. You will do great on Monday! And it's almost over.....you get to live a pain free FUNctional life Yeah!!!

My prayers go with you on Monday fo safety and peace...let's add Sunday night into that prayer, ya think?

Best wishes

Dilu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 06:00 PM
I had my pre-op today.

Quote:
...let's add Sunday night into that prayer, ya think?
Yes, that would be a good idea. That will be the night we will see how well I sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register