"Major" complications 1 month out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Major" complications 1 month out! "Major" complications 1 month out!

Unread 01-04-2007, 08:57 AM
"Major" complications 1 month out!

One week out of surgery feeling fine, 2 weeks great and than everything went down hill. I was admitted to hospital 11/25 for a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung. While in hospital diagnosed with EBV/CMV and after that T-cell lymphoma/luekemia. What a shock! There is a possibility that the 2 acute viruses are screwing up my T-cells, but still testing positive after bone marrow was sent to Mayo Clinic. Dr will watch and do tests to see if this pattern continues. See Dr on 1/15. Can't wait because I have a lot of ?'s. I'm on coumadin(anticoagulant) for at least 6 mo. To be honest this scares me more than the other. My immune system is low right now so I'm actually getting sick again. My gyn put me on lexapro because of all this caziness and said it could help with hot flashes. I'm on 10mg and than he will up it if needed. I've only been on a week so not sure. I have to be extremely careful of what I take now because the coumadin is very sensetive. Anyone out there going through this much?
. I was on cloud 9 and so happy about hyst.

LAVH, BSO & bladder sling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM

I'm sorry I've never been through that but I hope everyhthng works out for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 01-04-2007, 09:38 AM

Thank you for the prayers. At this point I feel all the prayers are what is keeping me going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Oh how awful . I can't relate to most of it but I did have a blood clot and was on coumadin for 6 months. I had a knee arthroscopy about 2 years ago and had horrendouse pain in my leg, which turned out to be a DVT.. I was very lucky we got it when we did and it never became a pulmonary embolism. The coumadin is a royal pain, but don't give up hope yet. In the entire 6 months I was on it, they never found a consistent dosage. I was usually too high. Well that is what led to a return to all my gyn problems, having to come off bcp, and that is when we discovered the adeno which led to my hyster. I found that I was really annoyed by the whole thing, ( clot and coumadin), so I think that is pretty normal. When I was done with the coumadin, my Dr. ordered coagulation studies. they siphoned off about 18 vials of blood and ran a bunch of test all of which were negative, thank God. so we are assuming that it was a combo of the surgery and the bcp.
You will definitely be in my prayers. Sending you a and wishing you all the best. May you get nothing but good news in the near future.
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Thanks for reply. Helps to hear others experiences.
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:25 AM

Oh my goodness, so much for you to digest! My thoughts will be with you as you continue down this bumpy road. I have a question......How did they know that you had a blood clot?????Things like this really concern me. Please take care and know that we are all rooting for you! Love&Prayers
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Thanks so much. Answer to your question. I actually had major leg cramps 3wks post op and gyn did an ultrasound that looks for blood clots(can't remember if there is name). It was done low at crook in leg and that area (major artery). Nothing was found and I kept getting worse. Shortness of breath is why I went to ER. I couldn't walk to bathroom. Should have probably gone earlier when breathing problems started.
Unread 01-04-2007, 11:12 AM

I am so sorry to hear of this.

I have EBV (I am assuming you are talking Epstein-Barr) ... and I worry about Lymphoma.
I have several friends who got that from having EBV.

good luck - these days they can cure things like that fairly easily.
Unread 01-04-2007, 11:30 AM

Thank you so much for replying. This is driving me crazy. I have read everthing I can find and it never seems to be what I need or want to hear. Do you know how long any of them had EBV before being diagnosed? Have you been diagnosed very long with it? Do you know what type of lymphomas your friends have? Sorry about all the ?'s but the way it all happened was and is crazy. I feel like my life is hanging because the oncoligist is saying it is probably T-cell reactive lymphoma but can't say diffinitivley(his word). I have blood tests on the 12th before I see him.
Unread 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM

hi there,

I have probably had EBV since 1986 -- that is when I got generally ill and never really recovered. I had a few good years. I think I got reinfected between 1997 and 98 -- at least that is when I began to have recurring shingles/herpes.

Even though I think I had EBV since 1986, I never had shingles/herpes until I got married in 1997.

My friends had Hodgkins - that is what one usually gets w/ EBV ....from what I hear.

I hope all goes well with you, and that they can get you well again. Keep in touch here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register