dVH/RALH Its so hot i just want to swim :) how are you dealing w/the heat? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its so hot i just want to swim :) how are you dealing w/the heat? Its so hot i just want to swim :) how are you dealing w/the heat?

Unread 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Its so hot i just want to swim :) how are you dealing w/the heat?

So my 6 wk post op isn't until 8/4. I'm going to visit family next week on the East coast. My mom is getting married, she moved up the wedding b/c my uncle isn't doing so well, he's got terminal cancer. He wants to take me to the beach & go jet skiing. I called my dr office to see if he would release me a few days early to enjoy some fun in the sun & water. This heat dome that 31 states are experiencing is crazy. Hiding in the AC is driving me crazy I want to be able to take my kids to the pool. When I was discharged after surgery I got the standard no douching, no baths, no swimming. So I asked if I could play in the sprinkler. the resident dr laughed & said yes. But I'm dying to go swimming. Well the office just called and said I could come in tomorrow to be checked and see how I'm healing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Have a great day sisters! Thanks for reading my ramblings lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Re: Its so hot i just want to swim :) how are you dealing w/the heat?

Wow.....you must be feeling pretty good then! That gives me hope! It's only been two weeks for me though.

Of course I wouldn't be a proper hystersister if I didn't say be careful and listen to your body

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and hope it works out for you at your doctor appointment
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:27 AM

Thanks Teawithhoney, I'm 4 wks today and I've been doing really great the last few wks. I can tell by the end of the day if I did to much, but those days aren't to often. I do most of my house work in the morning w/assistance from my 3 little helpers b4 it gets to hot. Then basically relax the rest of the day.

As for my uncle we've been preparing for this a long time now. Just really hoping I get to jet ski w/him when I go visit. Have a great day sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Before my surgery, I made sure to ask about pool time, and was told I could go in one as soon as the steri strips came off. I know i would not do salt water. That would probably hurt.

I did hit pool on Monday. In and out during a four hour period. No steps since was at a water park so could just walk in and out. Did not stay in too long any one time since it was a wave pool and was not going to get caught in them.

I did start spotting yesterday/today, which i had not done since surgery and am having a bit more pain. So i know i over did it. I hope your doctor tells you that you can enjoy soon. I, myself, will wait one more week before trying agian.

Just remember, like we all know we are suppose to do, but have trouble doing. To pamper the princess...
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Lilred- thanks this pampered princess is in her usual spot, the couch enjoying the AC. I really wish I could go to the water park. Lol was really surprised when he said no swimming til 6 wks & no sex til 8 wks. Its a bummer but I know my body needs time to heal. Heading out now to play in the sprinkler w/the kids. I'll just pretend its a water park.
Get some rest take care *hugs*
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:36 PM

I had my surgery on the same day as you and I was cleared to go in pools only this past Monday. I hope your doctor ok's it tomorrow! Good luck!
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:29 PM

I had my surgery 7/18, and am really looking forward to getting in the water;however, my Dr. Said ok to the lazy river in half hour increments which is better than nothing, this is frustrating however today makes 3 weeks post.op and a huge jelly belly... I'm glad you ladies are doing well and I love reading the forums.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register