exam while bleeding??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

exam while bleeding??? exam while bleeding???

Unread 04-15-2004, 03:57 PM
exam while bleeding???

I am 4 days from my first appointment with a new gyn. It took me a month to get this appointment. I have suffered and hurt like hell while waiting. I am sitting here swelled up like I am 7 months pregnant. I did that right before I started my last period. I am not this big so the
swelling is drastic. I am afraid to call the dr and ask because I dont want them to reschedule. Will they do anything if I am bleeding???? I am keeping the appointment because it took me way too long to get and my pain has gotten to the point of making me have panic attacks. Even if they can not do anything they are going to give me pain meds. I would have done went to the er but I am 60 miles from the hospital. The last time I went I was in the waiting room for 3 1/2 hours. I just dont think I can mentally take a wait like that. I am so close to my appointment that I am just trying to make it. I just can not live like this anymore.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 04:38 PM
bleeding?

what kinda of exam are you having?I had one while bleeding but that is also becasue i havent stopped in 4 moonths going on5 ?and they did a biposy on me also while bleeding so i guess the ?' to u is maybe i didnt read it but what kinda exam?
Unread 04-15-2004, 04:42 PM
exam while bleeding???

I have had several exams while bleeding massively...I even had vaginal sonograms (twice) while bleeding...it is according to what you are being examined for...they won't do a pap while bleeding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 04:48 PM
exam while bleeding???

My gyn gave me a pre-op pelvic exam when I was having my period. I warned him, "I've having my period" and he said that it didn't matter. I figured the ob/gyn office was used to patients in this situation, since the restroom was stock full of pads, wipes, etc. Anyway, good luck with your appointment...I hope it proves beneficial to you. I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering so, and I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
Unread 04-16-2004, 04:23 PM
exam while bleeding???

I was bleeding when I finally got into my dr's appt. He said he didn't care - it was more embarrassing for me then him. I also had sonogram. Some of us , if they didn't see us when we were bleeding - we'd never see them.
Unread 04-16-2004, 05:02 PM
bleeding

Hi Rhavensunflower,
I too have an 'evil' uterus that started bleeding the day before my 'surgery consultation'. I had convinced myself that this new dr.
wouldn't be doing any physical exam! WRONG! Oh well, I told him that I had my period. He said it wouldn't matter and went ahead
and palpitated my 3 unruly aliens. My uterus is up to my chin almost! I will say I was aghast when I got off of the table. OMG! I had to do some serious housecleaning!

I went ahead and scheduled my surgery based on my CA-125 blood test. The dr. and I have agreed to 'arm wrestle' over my ovaries....Tee Hee...we will keep them if they're healthy.

Good Luck with your 'diabolical' uterus.

signed, getting crowded in here

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register