Friend being annoying! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friend being annoying! Friend being annoying!

Unread 05-22-2004, 12:43 AM
Friend being annoying!

Hello there. Yup its me again, it doesnt show that Im getting nervous does it!

I am a text freak and have a few text buddies that i contact during the day and they are good friends and we offer each other support over various things.

However when I said I was a bit on edge and tetchy last night, must be them nerves setting in do you know what she told me?

She said well cancel the surgery then, not well dear it must be nerves and soon be over! Out with the tact wagon please. I send her a message back saying that there was NO WAY that I am cancelling the surgery now that the end was in sight and if we all chickened out on things that worried us nothing would ever get done!

Hope I aint upset her, but well she upset me!

Works been ok so far, wonder what they will be like when I am off??????

Take care and I am sure I will be in contact again soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Friend being annoying!

Aww, sorry your friend upset you. :HUG:

Know what you mean about tact though, I have a female work colleague and she is not very tactful or supportive at the moment. Being a female I would have thought I would find 'some' understanding from her but she is sarcastic all the time and it really winds me up. I know she has her problems, and I always sypathise with her, but I feel I am not getting much support at all. Just a bit of understanding is all it takes isn't it, it makes all the difference.

Take care
Jan
Unread 05-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Friend being annoying!

Its ironic that when we need support people seem to take a back step dont they and even to some degree either make light of it or pretend it aint gonna happen!

I am definately a bit more emotional lately and am sure its the pre-op journey the sisters have talked about.

Oh help!

We are going to see my sister in law and brother and their offspring and my mum will be there so I will make sure I get a big hug from her.

Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Friend being annoying!

Hi,

I think that even ladies who haven't "walked in our shoes" sometimes don't understand exactly what we're facing. I just smiled and smiled when one of my friends asked why I was "still" walking kind of slow at 2 weeks post op. I had a tah/bso with a 7" incision - I offered to show it to her! She backed up then.

I did find that the FAQ's for Family and Friends from the pre op articles here helped explain to people what to expect. Maybe you could try that too?

s
Unread 05-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Friend being annoying!

Loobyloo, Hi Im so sorry about your friend being so thoughtless to your feelings, I think sometimes they dont understand! I had a friend tell me "oh could you ask your Dr if he will do a 2 for 1 hysterectomy" I thought you can take my place anytime!!! I know my friend didnt mean to upset me but it did!! Well anyway you know you can always come here and there is a ton of ladies that know just how you feel!! So heres a big hug from someone that understands! Michelle
Unread 05-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Friend being annoying!

Thanks for that Michelle. Feeling a bit sick today, Im sure its because I am remembering my previous ops and the waiting between getting there and the actual operation.

Its just nice to have all the "sisters" here because that makes you feel part of a big family and not just alone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register