Nervous post-op sex/work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous post-op sex/work Nervous post-op sex/work

Unread 09-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Nervous post-op sex/work

I went for my 6week check(no vaginal exam) and the doctor on speaking to me determined I should take an extra 2weeks before I go back to work as my job as a PSW is physically demanding. As I progress in my activity around the house ,it is OK except for when I sneeze and BOY do I feel the sharp pull.My anxiety though is sex.I am scared to be intimate with my husband.HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Nervous post-op sex/work

Gypsy, there is another post on here with lots of responses about sex, check that out. I'm 4 weeks in and I'm afraid when I go for my 6 week he'll tell me to wait too, I'm on my feet alot and drive between two offices alot. Is it unusual for them not to do an internal exam at 6 weeks. So he gave you the okay for sex without that? I'm just curious and wanting to know what to expect at my visit.
Thanks, Lora
Unread 09-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Nervous post-op sex/work

I have read a couple of posts today in which the doc didn't perform a pelvic exam at the 6 wk postop check. I think that's highly unusual especially if you've been given the go ahead to have sex. I'm at my 3-month hysterversary and 4 days ago my vaginal cuff tore after having intercourse! You need to have an exam to see that everything is healed. If doc says wait 2 more weeks, then wait 2 more weeks before returning to work... you don't want to return to early and take a chance on injuring yourself then begin "down" again for weeks. Relax and enjoy pampering yourself for a while longer... it's worth it! I'd call and ask about no exam though...
Best wishes to you!!! Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Nervous post-op sex/work

Witchy, what do they do about tears like that,if you don't mind me asking. And do all women have those? I feel so stupid about that but never thought to ask that question. I had my uterus and left ovary removed but he never mentioned my cervix.
Thanks, Lora
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Nervous post-op sex/work

Lora - I didn't mean to scare you about a tear... Vaginal cuff tears are very, very rare. My doc has been practicing for 20+ years and has never had one of his patients tear like I did... 3 months postop especially! You will have to ask your doc if he/she left your cervix or not. We are waiting to see if my tear will heal up on its own so in 2 weeks I'll have to go back in and have take a look to see how it's doing. It's really not painful now, but when it tore... OMG!
Now just a lot of pressure and a little vaginal discharge. I have to be careful about picking things up, carrying and oh yes, BMs... pushing is not a good thing. Some women have them surgically repaired, especially if they have a bowel or bladder prolapse into the vagina. I'm just waiting... and waiting, and waiting to feel better. I can't wait to dance again! Intercourse for me has always been painful until after my hyst... well, the first 3 times anyway!!! Just take it very easy in the beginning and see how it goes. Hope your anxiety eases a bit and you can enjoy your relaxation time. Maria
Unread 09-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Nervous post-op sex/work

Thanks Witchy, just sounded so painful! you poor thing! You know the thing about being off work so long is you spot all the stuff in the house that needs done, : ). My poor husband, he's got alot of painting to do!
Feel better, thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register