2 Weeks Out today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Weeks Out today 2 Weeks Out today

Unread 04-19-2006, 05:54 AM
2 Weeks Out today

Today is 2 weeks since my hysterectomy and hernia repair. All is going well. I have one place on my incision that is taking a while to heal. It's under my fat flap so that is normal.(I have a vertical incision) I am on Cipro for 9 more days. It is making me so sick. But I'll deal.

Did too much walking on Monday and nearly passed out. Scared the poop out of me. Won't do that agin for sure.

It's driving me nuts to lay around and do nothing, but after the Monday spell I understand....but that doesn't cure my boredom....LOL

I have been off the pain meds for about a week and don't have pain at all. Of course now the incision is itching like crazy.

Anyway, that's about it

Candace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 06:05 AM
2 Weeks Out today

Candace,

I'm just on 2 wks today! Doing well, but found my limit to being up and around is 3 hours max at one time. After that I'm totally toasted and need to get some rest. Last night I took a percocet for some back and left side pain I was having. I went and rehearsed last night for a concert I'm supposed to be in on Memorial Day. The worst part was walking in from the car and walking out again. I sat the whole rehearsal. We'll have a few dress rehearsals before the actual concert, so I'll get to know by then how I feel standing for so long. I may end up not doing it. We'll see.

I don't feel as rested as I thought I would. Mainly because of a stream of various visitors. I'd love to be sleeping in today, but someone from our church is visiting a neighbor and she called to say she was going to "pop" in here also. I welcome the company, so I don't want to say no, but I wish visitors came in the afternoon. I am so not a morning person.

I'm still waiting to hear if I'll end up having radiation or not. My ob/gyn and gyn/onco can't seem to decide and we put it out for a 3rd opinion to a radiation oncologist. Sooooo, I'm still waiting for a verdict.

Hope all continues to go well for you.
Unread 04-19-2006, 06:37 AM
2 Weeks Out today

I am 2 weeks tomorrow!

I've been up and around for 5 hours at a time, and things ache and ache... but I did it. Main issue is sitting upright - OUCH.

Also for two nights I couldn't sleep very well AT ALL. Tossing and turning all night - not really in pain, just not sleeping and not comfortable. Went back and took a pain pill last night before sleeping and slept wonderfully! Hope I don't need those around just to get a night's sleep!

I went somewhere by car yesterday (didn't drive) and was out of the house for 1-2 hours. I seem to walk slower than the crowd, though it seems fast to me! Standing the whole time I am out of bed is hard on my knees for some reason...

Energy level is coming back and I am napping less. In fact no naps the last 2-3 days.

I am hoping I can see light at the end of a tunnel! But nervous about the next step back into the work world.

Hugs to you all - we're on our way!

-k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 06:52 AM
2 Weeks Out today

I am also two weeks today. I was off the pain meds in a couple of days, and just use the heating pad if I feel any pain. Like others, my main gripe is lack of energy. Yesterday I took a few short walks, and for the first time went food shopping at our local food coop (not as big as a supermarket). My son drove and we didn't stay long, but it was exhausting!! I am still nervous about overdoing walks, so I just pace the length of our block back and forth. I don't want to end up somewhere far away and not be able to get home. Today I woke up feeling worse than yesterday so I can see I overdid it. I'm getting bored, but too tired to do much about it. I do some work on the computer and am slowly getting back to that. I'm worried about my son's graduation in June and having to push my dad's wheelchair across grass for that. Will I be up to it, I wonder? Also, my work sometimes involves lifting boxes up to 40 lbs. When will that be okay, I wonder?

In other news, my 17 year old son who has been working as a prep chef in a gourmet deli since age 14 did some supermarket shopping for me on Sunday. I color coded the list and wrote it to match the layout of the supermarket since he isn't often in there. I thought he did fairly well, but last night I reached into the fridge to grab the bag of cucumbers to make a salad, and pulled out a ... zucchini!!! I nearly busted my stitches laughing. I asked him, "Where are the cucumbers?" And he said in that special teen boy way reserved for idiot mothers "Right there, mom, what's your problem... ooh...." as I dissolved in laughter while grabbing my belly for dear life. So I put zucchini in the spaghetti sauce... his loss.. hahaha.

Best wishes to other 2 weekers. I think we're on our way there with just a few pebbles on the path to come, so careful not to trip on them!
__
TVH for totally prolapsed uterus, no more ovaries, menopausal already at age 49, but finding slight increase in hot flashes at night
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:05 AM
2 Weeks Out today

I wastwo weeks yesterday and am doing better except that I must have selpt funny the night before last because I have been haviung lower back pain but only when sitiins or trying to get up from laying down. Did some Yoga this morning which helped a little. I feel like I need an adjustment but don't know if they will do one this soon after having surgery. I also have no energy. Just getting up yesterday took me forver. I thin it was close to 11 when I finally got out of bed. Have been doing some very light housekeeping. My 4 year old is a big help and will unload the dryer and drag the backet into the living room for me. She acts so proud when she can do things like that. Still can'y where pants or underwear for more then 1/2 hour and my stomach starts hurting. That is ok because it gave me an excuse to order some cute sundresses and nighties from Victorias. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

please forgive my typos I didn't feel like correcting them
Unread 04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
2 Weeks Out today

I was 2 weeks last Friday. Been getting out of the house on little excursions.....think I've overdone it a bit and am paying for it now! Still get tired easily. Doing some light housework....when DH lets me! Off the pain meds......except the other night when I was hurting pretty bad. Mostly I'm just taking Ibuprofen now.
Slowly but surely returning to my usual routines....but as the new ME!
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM
2 Weeks Out today

Hi...I am 2 weeks today. I am getting a little better each day. But I am soooo tired all the time. Last night when I was eating dinner I felt like crying for no reason. I think that my ovaries haven't woke up yet or something. I am going to the grocery store w/hubby today. Hope I do ok Well wishes to all you 2 weekers
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
2 Weeks Out today

I am oing ok. I went to walamrt saturday(my work) to get out becaus ei was going crazy. For 2 years I have been working, college and family,stayin home isnt my thing...lol. They wondered when I was coming back. I went to the dr yesterday and said all seemed well enough,just to listen to my body while slowly retruning to activities but nothin in the vagina,lol, he said it like twice...lol.
I still hurtin worse on some days better on others I am hurtin today kinda bad. My bm still hurt but not quite as bad. There is some progress. Gas pains still cause me to tear up though. I take 1 or 2 pain pills a day. I am missin my "special" time with hubby already. He won't sleep in the same bed because he is scared he will hold me too tight or throw his legs over me. He has tried when i asked but I can tell he doesn't sleep well. I am hopin he will get over it soon,can't imagine how he is going to react when we have the green light to go all the way...lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register