Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012

Unread 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012

Way to crabby for any social contact yesterday, seems it was a trend here. Good to know i'm not the only crabby one. I can't imagine going threw the hysterectomy and dealing with the scare of cancer. My heart goes out to u and I am sending healing thoughts to u all! Tomorrow is my first post op Dr. visit, my first trip out of the house ( I am ridiculously excited about that! and scared!) So I'm trying to get myself ready for all that walking. Saturday My daughter's boyfriend is throwing her a surprise birthday dinner at a local restaurant. There will be lots of people and I am concerned about being able to make it all the way threw. I don't like people knowing my business so only a couple will know I had surgery and I'm not sure how to handle it. I DO NOT want it to become a focus and take anything away from her special night. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Healing everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM

Shari- I went out on my own yesterday for first time. First I had to deal with icy sidewalks and try not to fall. Then I get to the hall where my daughters dance is and there is an big heavy door. And I am scared to open it and pull something....it is a really really heavy door ! Such a simple thing really through me for a loop. I thought of phoning a mom who was in there already but figured her phone ringer would be turned off. And I went late because knew I would be uncomfortable sitting there. Finally someone else showed p late and opened the door for me....grrrr
Maybe you can go to the restaurant a little late and come home a little early, won't be as noticeable as leaving half way through. Oh and get ready early then lay down for a while rather than getting ready and going in one big swoop.

My thoughts are with any of you dealing with cancer yet on top of this....you must be extra good to yourself so your body can take on its next challenge. I am a big believer that god picks people that are strong enough for continuos Health struggles, so you are one of the special chosen ones.

Bleeding....I go from just brownish light discharge to bright red bleeding, but still light. When it turns Bright red, I know I have done too much.

Stinky discharge today....not much coming out, but stinky, made me think to when I had last showered..which was yesterday afternoon by the way! So maybe stitches dissolving? I feel itchy almost like I have yeast infection but different.

So that is my update for now.
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Exactly 3 weeks since surgery. Felt so good on Sunday I decided to go shopping. Walked the mall to exchange xmas gifts( needed to be done). Was very tired. The next morning I felt like I was back to week 1! So sore and tired. Now I know I so need to take it easy! Upset with myself for not listening to my body!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 10:08 AM

^That's the thing I find so frustrating. You feel good and think 'Yea, I can up my activity a bit' and then you pay for it the next day. I feel like people who see me and see that I look 'normal' wonder why the heck I'm not doing anything or going anywhere at this point. It's hard to explain that the internal healing can really take a long time, no matter how well you look.

The good news is it usually only takes me a day or two to feel good again. Get some rest!
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:14 AM

I have a question:

I had a 'bikini cut' incision. It's not itching at all. However, I have swelly belly going on between my belly button and incision. That area - where there were no holes or incisions is itching (mildly). No rash, not taking any pain meds. The itching comes and goes and is not overwhelming. I'm wondering if it might be due to some internal healing going on. Anyone else experiencing this?
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShariWP View Post
Way to crabby for any social contact yesterday, seems it was a trend here. Good to know i'm not the only crabby one. I can't imagine going threw the hysterectomy and dealing with the scare of cancer. My heart goes out to u and I am sending healing thoughts to u all! Tomorrow is my first post op Dr. visit, my first trip out of the house ( I am ridiculously excited about that! and scared!) So I'm trying to get myself ready for all that walking. Saturday My daughter's boyfriend is throwing her a surprise birthday dinner at a local restaurant. There will be lots of people and I am concerned about being able to make it all the way threw. I don't like people knowing my business so only a couple will know I had surgery and I'm not sure how to handle it. I DO NOT want it to become a focus and take anything away from her special night. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Healing everyone!!
I personally have a problem sitting on seats right now. If you do, make sure to have a cushion or a flat pillow to sit on in the car and a small pillow for your lower back and a pillow for your tummy to protect from seat belt.

I understand you concerns about the party. I had an 80th birthday party at my home last weekend for my mom. I wore my belly band outside my lounging stretchy pants and sat on a pillow. I wasn't as social as I would normally be. I had it planned out in advance where I would sit and kept my pillow there.

Even though I wore the belly band on the outside, even if you don't want people to know you had surgery, they will get that maybe you hurt your back or something. You can just say you have an injury that is healing (that is not lying). You can say it bothers your back or your behind.

Make sure though- in advance that the people who know you had the surgery- KNOW that you want to keep it private and not tell anyone. Even though it is a surprise for your daughter- make sure that she knows pre-party- that you want to make sure that word of your surgery doesn't get out. It won't be giving away that she is having a party it is just a normal check in with reminding her in advance of the party.

I took my Ibuprofen just before the party to play it safe. Rest up starting the day before the party to have a better chance of being in good shape at her party.

Try to have a nice time and have an early exit strategy planned if you need it. Someone set up in advance to take you home if you have the need to leave.

Have a good time.
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:37 AM

Debbie. I had that itching yesterday. Made my husband look to see its I had a rash on my tummy...was itchy and no rash so I am kind of thinking the same thing. Tummy still itchy where there are no holes....and itchy inside too. So hopefully doing some awesome healing!

Good advice sunny day. It can be stressful for people who know we had surgery to keep it a secret from others. I had a friend who has had a hard time as she is out and about and gets asked lots what kind of surgery I had. I told her just to tell people, especially if they seem genuinely concerned. I know it is a hard position to be put in...so telling them ahead of time what you would like them to say makes it easier for them to abide by your wishes. I live in to small a town for any secrets....not telling people just leads to more speculation and gossip...sad but true. I have probably been guilty of it on the other end of the stick...
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:24 AM

i'm praying for all of you dealing with cancer, bleeding, itching, crying and all of our other issues. I think the idea of going to the party late and leaving early is a great idea. I'm worried about going back to work soon. I agree with most of you, it's difficult enough just sitting upright. And my back is killing me when I have to, or even do a small amount of walking. When I was blleding, it was bright red at first then tapered off to a brownish discharge. I thought I might have a bladder infection this past week because of the burning, frequent urination, smell and pressure. The pressure is disconcerting. I'm actually kind of looking forward to next week's 4 week check up. Lots of questions and concerns. Hang in there ladies, we can do this! Thank you for ur responses on my medication concerns. I know it's only temporary but each time I open a new bottle, I freak a little. Take care!
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:56 PM

Just want some feedback on how you feel when you go for a little walk....I have only been going around the house. Ventured outdoor to walk on the deck that runs along the house, hoping some fresh air will perk me up.
I went for 5 min then sat down then did another 5. Not super fast but more actually walking than sauntering Round inside....and on my gosh, I have a LOT of groin pain and pain down my legs as well as everywhere else, and my husband just came home and said I looked reAlly swollen. Tis is crazy, I want todo more!!! If I can't walk 5 min now, when will I? Can't remember who put it on here yesterday that they walk every hour and I thought I need to step it up a notch and do that.....also have sick son home today so not resting as much because of that. My husband has been very patient but is starting to ask more of me...yet if I do something he says leave it for him in one breath then asks if I am coming to my sons hockey tourney on Saturday 1.5 hour away from home on terrible roads.....I am nervous to do that is walking for 5 min hurts this much. Thanks for listening or should I say reading.
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:22 PM

Endodaisy, when I walk, I just walk down the block (it's really pretty warm here!) and try to go a little farther each day ... like a house farther. I walk for maybe 10 min total now, but I'm still slow! If I walk too quickly, I get crampy pinchy ouchies in my sides and I feel those vag cuff stiches. Someone posted a comment about the ultimate insignificance of getting back to exercise a few weeks faster compared to taking the time to make sure we're fully healed in a thread about getting back to running and I try to remember that.
I've been getting the "should be back to normal now" vibes too and they bug me to no end! Not from my husband, but he did say I was in a mood yesterday. Nice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register