What can the pain be | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What can the pain be What can the pain be

Unread 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
What can the pain be

Hello,
I had surgery on dec 13th 2006, I have been through the ringer, I have had two cat scans and they can't figure out what is wrong with me. When I had my hysterectomy they found that I had adenomyosis and fibroids. What I want to know is if I could have endo know or cysts I still have my ovaries. If anyone has had a lot of pain post op and might have a clue please let my know. I go see the doc tomorrow I hope he can figure it out.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 05:58 PM
What can the pain be

I kept my ovaries too, but was told since I had endo, there was a possiblity that it could come back and cause pain again. Perhaps it could be something like that for you as well?

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and your dr. can help you get to the bottom of it! Take care
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
What can the pain be

I kept my ovaries and have pain due to suspected adhesions and confirmed cystiness (they're not big but they cause me pain). They should be able to see cysts through a pelvic ultrasound.

Good luck.

ETA: My pain is not constant but comes and goes, some "episodes" are worse than others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 06:10 AM
What can the pain be

I have had pain/ problems since surg too. I had a ct scan last week reveiling that my right ovary is enlarged NOW! I have a follow-up with my surg this week! Hope they figure out whats wrong! I know how it feels to be in pain, and them tell you "We just can't find anything!" when we KNOW that something hurts! Good luck with your appt!
Unread 04-10-2007, 06:37 AM
What can the pain be

Hi Shaerae....What is your pain like? Is it always there or come and go? Where is your pain? Does anything make it better or worse? These are questions that you should be ready to answer when you talk to your dr. With me my pain started a couple of months after surgery. I too have had an ultrasound and 2 ct scans. Couldn't find anything, even my adhesions didn't show up. Go figure huh!!! Anyway my dr says that I have adhesions....i can feel them if I feel around my pelvic area.....They feel like a band of something, maybe a little stringy...I wish you luck. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))
Unread 04-10-2007, 07:04 AM
What can the pain be

Have you been to a gastric (stomach) doctor or to a urologist? My bladder still feels irritated and grumpy since my hyst on 11/13/06. My stomach has actually been hurting since my visit last week when the doctor pushed really hard on my stomach. I haven't been right since. he says that I am still healing. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:10 PM
What can the pain be

Well hello ladies, thanks for the support I have cysts and they think it could be adhesions and endo, I go in for surgery on wednesday and have my ovaries removed and clean up anything that could be there. So I will keep you posted, and for any of you that are having pain ask for a ultrasound, a cat scan will not show cyst.
Thank you
Shelly
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM
What can the pain be

Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 04-10-2007, 04:07 PM
What can the pain be

Good luck to you Shaerae with your surgery. I also am having laproscopy surgery on Thursday. They are looking for cause of my pain, possibly adhesions. Been through all the tests: blood, ultrasound, CT Scan and Colonoscoopy. My doctor don't believe my ovaries need to come out? It is very frustrating.
Unread 04-10-2007, 05:10 PM
What can the pain be

purpleprincess1
I went through all the things you have and it *****, the part that I hate is you know something is wrong and they keep telling you we don't see anything and you leave crying and mad. I'm looking forward to the surgery I'm so tired of the pain I could scream. When you go for the surgery ask if you can have your ovaries out and get rid of the pain once and for all. My doc seems to think it should help alot with the pain. Good luck, keep me posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register