1st day back at work.. not as bad as I thought it would be :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st day back at work.. not as bad as I thought it would be :) 1st day back at work.. not as bad as I thought it would be :)

Unread 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
1st day back at work.. not as bad as I thought it would be :)

Wednesday will be 8 weeks post my TAH. I am working 4 hours/day this week, 6 hours/day next week and full-time beginning the week of 9/15. I have had an amazing recovery and I was concerned about having a set-back after returning to work. My dr said that if my employer was okay with the plan, it was a great way to make the transistion.

The most surprising part was that I wasn't tired from the day per say, but more from being around so many people. I've basically been a hermit crab for the past 2 months and I found being around so many people tiresome, like they were taking my energy or something. Very odd. Anyway, I did come home and take a short nap.

Yesterday, I planned my first menu for the week (since before my surgery) and went grocery shopping. Last night I made my first really nice dinner. Boy, have I missed my cooking !! Frozen dinners and packaged foods were ok, given the circumstances, but it's nice to back in the groove.

I guess the party is officially over... I'm grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and back at work. For those of you that are mid-recovery and feeling bored, enjoy the time. It goes by so much faster than you think. Enjoy the quiet, clear your head, rejouvinate yourself. Women in general NEVER get an excused break from "life" and this recovery is a gift in so many different ways.

As many others have said before me, it truly does get better... hang in there. Once I got past the 6 week point, I really felt as though I had turned a corner. And 8 weeks is better still!

PS -- I've had my return-to-work outfit planned since my surgery... a beautiful pair of WHITE pants and a silk a-line sleeveless shell with great accessories. I looked awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2008, 07:04 PM

It sounds like you have a great plan to ease back into work. I can only imagine how tiring it was being around people like that again. I can totally relate to the feeling so much better after week 6. I am on week 7 and feeling better and better. Glad you had such a great recovery.
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM

Yeah White Pants!!! Take it easy and make sure you get alot of rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Oooh! I love the white pants.... but I'm not brave enough.

However I do really like the 4, 6 and 8 hour days. I was thinking 4 then 8 and for my job that is all about people pleasing and customer service that is exhausting. Thanks for the gradual idea!!
Unread 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM

Congrats on your first day back !! Today was my first day back too. I went in for 6 hours instead of 8 and I was exhausted but in a good way. I was bored out of my mind at home once my kids went back to school there was no one here but me and the kitty. Once all of the household catch up stuff was done I was ready to go somewhere. LOL
Unread 09-03-2008, 07:38 AM

Yesterday was my first day back to work, too. Full-time, and I thought I was doing ok, but I feel pretty wiped out this morning, so I won't go in until afternoon today.
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:48 AM

I know what you mean about the time flies by. I am on my second week back to work. I am only working 4 hrs. a day last week and this week and then going back to 8 hrs. When I first got there I thought it felt like I wasn't gone for 8 weeks. It flew by way to fast. But It really wasn't that bad to start back to work. A little tired when I get home, but I don't nap because then I wouldn't sleep right that night. But everything has been working out really good so far. Welcome society!!!

So to all you ladies that are healing, please pamper yourselves and take advantage of the time that you have for yourself, even though you are healing. You will be thrusted back into society before you know it and the time will fly by. It is very rare that all us superwomen have a chance to put on the brakes. It's a shame that we have to have an operation in order for this to happen, but like I said we are superwomen and we do all, so make sure you take advantage of this time and apply the brake.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register