why am I so nervous? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why am I so nervous? why am I so nervous?

Unread 11-09-2008, 12:16 PM
why am I so nervous?

Hi Sisters,
I am almost ashamed to write this post because things really are going well for me and some of you ladies are really dealing with some major issues. I haven't had any complications to speak of, but every little bitty thing that happens scares me more than it should. For example, I took my steri strips off yesterday and everything looked fine, then this morning one of my incisions (just little laproscopic one) had pulled open just a little-no blood no redness, nothing-but it has kind of upset my whole day. I'm afraid to look at it! I also have had a tiny sore lump just above my iv site which is bugging me. I read the article about this and I know it's common, but... It's like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen. I don't know-I'm still not over the whole thing I guess. Maybe it's just residual anxiety left over from pre-op? Thanks for listening and again, I'm sorry for whining without reason. Nobody needs to reply unless it's to tell me I'm being a big baby! You sisters are great and this website has been a Godsend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2008, 12:48 PM
me too!

Oh my gosh, me too! I have been worrying and anxious and as my husband says, "snappy". I also had laproscopic, and I agree with you, little things make me worry.

Perhaps we just need to give it time......

Amy
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
why am I so nervous?

Judy, Amy

You went through something really scary & major very recently and you have every right to be frightened or scared about the strange things going on in your body right now.

It may seem very small in comparison with some of the things that other sisters are going through but it is worrying you so it is important.

Don't ever worry about asking your Hystersisters anything, we have been there, seen it, done it & are always willing to share our experience or wisdom - sometimes even when you don't want it :-)

Sending you hugs & hoping that you both continue to heal well

Katy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2008, 03:04 PM
why am I so nervous?

Hi Hystertwin Judy. I am exactly the same. Hubby takes me for these tiny drives and every car that is near me I think is going to hit us head on. Terrified to bend over and even pick up a tissue. Afraid for my sponge bath but have to as I'm going to the Doc tomorrow. Don't feel wierd at all as I am probably more of a ninny than you.Lets keep in contact. In fact I'm gonna start a new thread to see what the others are doing at our same date.

THANKYOU TO KATY: Everything you just said is more helpful than you know.
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
why am I so nervous?

Judy, Amy and Iona...

Don't ever feel silly or worried about coming here to chat about it. It's your body and your surgery and your nerves that are wearing thin from worry. That means it's important. What Katy said is very true.

And Judy, sweetie, we are all different. Some heal fast and great and others take a longer and more complicated path, but we have all shared something that no one else truly understands and that bonds us in a way that I can't explain. AS soon as read your post my heart wanted to just wrap you in a hug. I don't think you're being a big baby. Not being able to see inside (like if it were a procedure on your nose or finger or something) is frightening and let's face it, our imaginations are BIG, lol. So, no more worries about coming here, at least take that off your shoulders!

Hugs to all of you and don't forget to pamper the princess.

Buzylady
Unread 11-09-2008, 04:08 PM
why am I so nervous?

I am with you ladies. I have been really anxious about EVERYTHING. My kids were playing in the yard the other day and when I looked out the door I didn't see them - that sent me in a panic (they were just playing around the corner of the house).

I think it is a combination of hormones and everything that has gone one!
Unread 11-10-2008, 05:30 AM
why am I so nervous?

Thank you so much everyone! I know in time it will pass, and it helps so much to talk about it and hear how you all are coping.
Crazywoman update: I had an awful, gory nightmare last night-I was so happy when I woke up and wasn't dead!
Unread 11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
why am I so nervous?

Your feelings are 500% normal! We've been through a major life event, and if we didn't have some sort of anxiety, worries, or fears, that would be cause for concern. Please continue to turn to your Sisters here for support!
Unread 11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
why am I so nervous?

Oh my ladies,

You sooooo aren't alone.

I worry with most things I do. I'm trying to slowly move back into my life, but with each thing I seem to ask my self "should I be doing this? am I going to screw something up?"

Add to that my emotions seem to be all over the place. I'm still close to tears at least once a day. I don't know if I'm falling into some kind of depression or if the hormones I began using last week haven't really kicked in yet..

What a wreck I am and I HATE being this way. That being a big baby thing, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I keep trying to find at least one thing per day to be thankful about, and I keep looking back to the days before and the days just after surgery to see the progress I've made, but it's just not enough to pull me out of this emotional slump I'm finding myself in.

tearful hugs to all of you..
Wendy the basketcase
Unread 11-10-2008, 11:09 PM
why am I so nervous?

SISTERS!

I hear you!! WHEW-thought I was the only one! I am a bit ahead of you in healing (TAVH 10/07/08) and I have had ALL of what you are saying.

For me, I came to the conclusion that it was the "loss of control" thing. I (like all of us) had the "plumbing" issues but I was sooooo used to them I could always handle it. I knew what every pain was an indication of and then BAM! it was gone and all these other pains, twitches, EMOTIONS and pure ANXIETY appeared out of nowhere. I too am coming to terms with how to control them. Since they have been changing so often, I cannot get a handle on what this means, why that is happening, so I do not always feel on top of it all-which just compounds the anxiety and I am losing it feeling.

About any MD's-don't feel bad. I have been on 4 different HRT'S, gallbladder, leg scanned and to the ER 3 times since surgery. Not surprising-all is fine. I gotta stop reading those warning labels.

I am 5 weeks post-op and can tell you what has been helping me. I no longer try to avoid it, explain it, etc-I just say to that "itchy, anxious feeling" BRING IT ON. Give yourself TONS of credit for what you have been thru. You were tough enough to handle what brought you to the need for the hysto and you got thru the surgery so cut yourself a break. I have found the less I fight it the lesser it gets.

Hopefully once you are up and around you will be able to ignore it and concentrate on the things in your life. Just remember the times you had pain, etc before your surgery and you said to yourself, "Not now, I have to finish XXX before I can deal with this".

Hang in there. You are NOT ALONE.

HUGS-

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register