No Insurance, already had transfusion, need surgery badly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Insurance, already had transfusion, need surgery badly No Insurance, already had transfusion, need surgery badly

Unread 01-30-2011, 06:17 AM
No Insurance, already had transfusion, need surgery badly

I have no insurance and am trying to get this funded thru a program in FL called vocational rehabilitation. I've already been hospitalized for a CBC of 5, and very low hemocrit, (sp) had a transfusion. I am litterally out here on my own. I could be waiting months for approval if at all. 5cm leiomyoma with a large cyst on left ovary and enlarged uterus. I have been put on birth control and am having strange reaction to it. foot and leg cramos with oain and tingly numb feeling told the DR this and I am just getting dismissed. I have never ever been so frustrated in my entire life. Honestly, I feel like Im gonna lose it and go postal. Thanks for listening to my rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Re: No Insurance, already had transfusion, need surgery badly

RM2 - you have come to a great place for support and listening! I can relate to the fibroids and severe anaemia from heavy bleeding. It is an awful way to live.

How long have you been on birth control pills? I assume this was to help manage your bleeding? I hope this does help while you are waiting. What other actions were you given to help keep your iron levels up? I had supplements and ate every single iron rich food item I could get my hands on, in conjunction with Vitamin C. I also supplemented with Floradix, a liquid supplement you can usually find at health food stores.

Hang in there and please keep putting in the effort to stay as healthy as you can!

Unread 02-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Re: No Insurance, already had transfusion, need surgery badly

Thanks for your reply I went off the pill and am feeling better. I see the Doc today as I'm sure heavy bleeding is just around the corner. I am taking Iron 325 twice a day and my body is responding well. My hemoglobin is in the normal 12 range and boy I can tell. It feels awesome! Transfusions work!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register