Depo after Hyster? Who lost waist inches? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depo after Hyster?  Who lost waist inches? Depo after Hyster? Who lost waist inches?

Unread 08-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Depo after Hyster? Who lost waist inches?

Anyone taking the Depo shot after Hyster? Had my LAVH on 6/26. Feel pretty good except still getting tired for doing nothing. Breast are so very sore. Bladder is still acting like it doesnt know how to act, was given meds to retrain it. Have 1 1/2 ovaries removed Endo on one. Been having minor hot flashes and dizziness. Yesterday my Dr suggested monthly depo shots.

On another note. Lost 10 pounds after and I measured my belly and waist area before surgery and I have lost 3.9 inches. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Re: Depo after Hyster? Who lost waist inches?

Im jealous! I have gained at LEAST 10 pounds since my surgery
No depo here, but I am curious why you need it???
Unread 08-10-2013, 03:05 PM

I'm wondering the same thing Crazylady is. My mother gets Depo shots every three months to control endometrial hyperplasia because due to her other health conditions, the risk of doing surgery is higher than the risk of endometrial cancer.

If you've just had a hysterectomy, obviously controlling endometrial growth is not a concern! :-) So why the Depo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 05:03 PM

I am guessing your doctor is recommending the Depo Provera because of your endometriosis diagnosis. Was he not able to remove all of the implants? There can be pros and cons with continued treatment with progestin for endometriosis, so you may want to keep a symptom dairy to help monitor how you do. Already, your breast tenderness, hot flashes, and dizziness could be signs that the remaining portion of ovary isn't working up to par yet. Adding progestin might create even more hormonal imbalance.

If you have more questions about endometriosis, please feel free to pop over to our Endometeriosis Support forum.

As far as weight loss, there can be a number of reasons for it and you could find you gain some back using the Depo Provera. Some lose weight following surgery because of changes in eating habits, hormonal changes, nausea and vomiting, large masses being removed, etc. You do need to be sure your doctor is aware of the significant weight loss in such a short time to be sure there are no health concerns causing it. I lost weight because I had no appetite and was not eating enough. My doctors were not pleased and watched me very carefully. Besides it putting me underweight, the body needs calories and nutrition to heal properly so during recovery is not the time to be losing weight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register