TAH 8 wk postop pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 wk postop pain 8 wk postop pain

Unread 05-26-2013, 01:01 PM
8 wk postop pain

I had my hysterectomy on 4-3-13. I have healed perfvectly they keep telling me, but I am having such intense pain still. It is on the right side of my incision site, above my ovary, but they say my ovaries look and feel good, but the pain has to come from somewhere. I feel as though they think I am a hypochondriact. Anyone else having this?>"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Re: 8 wk postop pain

I am almost 9 weeks post op, My surgery was 3/27/13. I am being told everything is healing right as well. However, I have been having severe pelvic, tailbone and left ovary pain. I was also having bleeding problems. I went into my PCP, she said I had a vaginal cuff infection and prescribed 2 antibiotics for 2 weeks. The bleeding has stopped but the pain has not let up at all. I am still looking for answers. It is very discouraging to still be this miserable when the surgery was suppose to relieve the symptoms. I have started doing my own research. Don't know that this helps much but at least we are not alone.
Unread 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM

I don't know if this is specifically what your problem may be but before and after my cesarean I was experiencing the severe pelvic pain, like my pelvis was going to crack in half, and the tailbone pain. I was prescribed pelvic floor physical therapy and was told by the therapist that all that pain was related to the use and abuse of my pelvic girdle that can accumulate throughout your entire life. I was only able to go to two sessions before my hysterectomy but am hoping to go back after I recover. Just thought it might be something you could look into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2013, 06:31 PM

You are not a hypochondriac and you are not imagining the pain. You need answers and if your doctor or surgeon isn't taking the pain seriously, you might consider seeking another opinion. While I was a slow healer and still have random aches, pains, spasms and twinges (and told I am healing fine) I didn't have what you describe as intense pain. You need answers for your peace of mind as well as your pain.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you feel better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register