Pre-Cancer: Am I crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Am I crazy?

So I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with precancerous atomically complex hyperplasia. My pain in my uterus has always been bad, but in the past 2 months it's almost gotten unbearable. I should not have done as much research as I have, but now I'm freaking out. Everything I'm reading makes me think that this is more than just precancerous. Am I just freaking out or can I be right? I will be having a hysterectomy in November, it just seems like so far away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Re: Am I crazy?

Not quite sure what the "atomically" means, but I do know all about complex hyperplasia with focal atypia, which is a pre-cancerous condition. I can also say that the best thing to do is focus on the word PRE - as that's what it is...it is NOT cancer at this point. As hard as it may be, try to stay on the positive side of things. It does make a difference. Mine thankfully was caught and stopped at the pre-cancer stage, so I am very grateful for that! I hope your outcome will be the same! The waiting IS truely the worst, so don't hesitate to ask for encouragement here. We have all gone thru it or are currently going thru it and can relate 120% Also...remember when you are googling that you have to take the information with a grain of salt. Are you seeing a Gyn/Oncologist? If not, that would be another suggestion. They are the best in these types of situations. Good Luck!! If you have more questions, please do ask!
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:50 AM

Sorry phone changed the word atypical. Yes I am seeing a gyn/oncologist. She's amazing. Thank you. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. I've been pretty positive, just a few times the words get to me. I'm only 33 and I don't have children, so this seems unreal sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:48 AM

I think everyone's entitled to *at least* one major freak-out before surgery. Mine came one weekend when I convinced myself that I was going to have major lymphedema issues. I had to buy $40 worth of vegetable seed for my garden before I felt better again.

Another thing I did to cope with freak-outs was to go buy more groceries to stock up before surgery. My surgery was more than four months ago and I'm still working my way through the stuff I stocked up on! My upstairs neighbour adopted a new cat and didn't have any food or litter, and I was like, take some food! Take some litter! PLEASE take some of this stuff! LOL
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Hi Sweetie,

The big "C" is very scary even when they tack a "pre" on to it and many of us do have freak out periods . Pls do not peruse the Internet too much as it can be hard to know if you have the latest med info or if something really pertains to your case and even if it indeed is fact now,etc. Do ask away here as those who have gone before with the same DX will respond.

Often with endometrial cancer pain is not an issue but we can have other issues too such as adenomyosis or endometriosis which while not cancer do cause great discomfort. My doctor advised I had the latter after they reviewed the pathology after surgery and thus I knew why I had has such painful periods and sometime between them through lots of my life.

It is good you think lots of your gyn/onc and at least for me having faith in one's doctor is crucial. Pls keep asking questions and come by to keep us updated. I am sending loads of positive thought to you.

Unread 10-05-2013, 03:41 PM

No more crazy than most of us I suspect. The internet is both a useful and dangerous place when researching symptoms because all the really serious stuff shows up in the first pages while all the relatively innocuous stuff is either buried in medical journals or so far down a google search that nobody has the patience to find it.

I will hope that you post again in November telling us your surgery went well and nothing but precancer was found.
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:16 PM

Thanks everyone. I decided that since the stress was getting to me that it was time for the hubby and into have a mini vacation. We are spending the weekend at Disney (which is right around the corner) and enjoying food and wine festival. My mom told me that I needed a break. She was right. The only part that sucks is I have to be in a wheelchair because I'm still so anemic that I can only last for a few hours without it. Other than that, it had been a wonderfully relaxing weekend so far!
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:51 PM

Yay!! I loved Disney. Enjoy it...even in a wheelchair and hey that might be to your advantage! Take care and HAVE FUN!!
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM

fgcussweetie

I ave been to the Epcot food and wine festival 1x and rreakly enjoyed it. It will keep your mind off of eveything for awhile.

Great idea!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register