Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? (2008) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? (2008) Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? (2008)

Unread 03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle?

Oops, sorry - forgot the guidelines . . .

What are the costs involved with SottoPelle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 08:19 PM

I have been using the Sottopelle implants for a couple of years now, and I have been pleased with the results. I experienced surgical menopause at age 43 and used Estrace to deal with the symptoms. I got through the sweating and mood issues in due time but I began experiencing "meno-fog", fatigue and lack of libido once I hit age 50. The Sottopelle implants have helped with all of that.
Initially, I had some breast tenderness and no increase in libido. That was pretty disapointing! Blood tests revealed that I had an adequate blood testosterone level, but my "free testosterone" levels were extemely low. My Dr. gave me nettle root suppliments (not to be confused with nettle leaf) and within 2 weeks I felt like a ***** teenager!
As with anything else, you will have to weigh the benefits against the side effects. I have had some facial hair growth, although I tend to be a little furry anyway. But the energy and mental clarity I have experienced make up for it.
I would imagine that the one of the keys to the success of the therapy is the doctor and the relationship you have with him/her. Doing regular blood work, INCLUDING free testosterone, thyroid levels and vitamin D3 is very important. Research your medical professional as well as the hormone therapy itself-you want a reputable health care provider!
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Has Anyone Had Success With SottoPelle? (2008)

OMG yes!!! I can't recommend it enough!! Im 44 I had my complete hysterectomy 3 years ago. No sex drive, no energy, weight gain... I feel like I'm in my 30s again. So worth the money. My husband is more than happy to pay for it!! The difference is night and day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM

I had the pellet inserted two weeks ago after a total hysterectomy six months ago. I have to say I am pleased so far. My hot flashes have disappeared and my night sweats have subsided significantly. My libido is back to pre-menopause. I feel like I am in my 20s again. It is so worth the money

The only thing I must say is I am feeling tired and they did indicate that is one of the side effects.
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:10 PM

I had 112.5 mg pellet inserted. Before this I was using sublingual drops. I've had a terrible experience. I feel miserable, anxious, depressed, moody and enlarged clitoris. Would not do it again, even at a lower dose. My total t is 300 and free t is 3.9. way too high and my dht is 25 on a range that goes up to 22. I am now taking saw palmetto to try to calm it all down.
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:49 AM

I love Sotto Pelle. They are fantastic and knowledgable.
All they do is hormone pellets therefore they spend the time with you and listen.
I switched to my gyn doc only because she was a bit cheaper but after a year of feeling unbalanced Im going back to sotto pelle.
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:51 AM

They are a bit pricey and insurance doesn't cover. Perhaps close to 500$ your first visit but after that about $250 every 3-4 months as a maintenance.
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:07 AM

Balancing hormones is a symphony and each body is different and requires different amounts. Most often there is a trial and error period with any HRT.
When I first went to Sotto Pelle I got too much testosterone and found myself lusting after toothless painters. LOL!!! I was a bit on the aggressive side, anxious and I hated it.
Going forward we figured out my best levels and soon discovered that i was best at T-120 and Estrogen about 100.
As with all medicine you have to take charge of your own body and find out what is best for you. I talk to my doctor and talk an active part in my dosing.
They need the feedback in order to find the balance for YOU.
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:13 AM

Just had my SottoPelle implants put in yesterday. I am 44 and had full hysterectomy in December 2011. Havent felt right since, no energy, insomnia,hot flashes, no sex drive, fuzzy memory, fatigue, weepy....and the list could go on. I am hoping that SottoPelle is the answer to my prayers and that I will be posting very positive feedback in a few weeks.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:39 AM

I had a total hysterectomy in September 2012 and went into menopause pretty quick after that. I am getting my second set of pellets inserted. The first set worked well for me. My hormones were almost rock bottom before the first insertion. I have not had a hot flash since I had the first insertion, which was five months ago.. I am having very mild hot flashes now so I am getting the second set inserted in an effort to maintain my hormones.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register