Anxiousness-HRT problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiousness-HRT problems Anxiousness-HRT problems

Unread 10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Anxiousness-HRT problems

Hi I'm new to the forum. I am 46 years old and had a complete hysterectomy on 8/28/09. I started using the vivelle patch about a week after surgery. My anxiousness was spiraling out of control so my doctor thought my body was not absorbing enough estrogen and started me on 1.25 premarin. After about a week, I was still anxious and asked if I could take a lower dose (thinking maybe I was getting too much). I also asked if I could have some blood work done. The doctor finally decided to do blood work Monday and that night I started taking the .625 and was pretty okay for one day and today is an anxious mess. I can't eat, sleep, or sit still.

Please share your thoughts. Any suggestions-I am so desperate to hear hope!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Re: Anxiousness-HRT problems

Hi Sorry you are having so much trouble with anxiousness. My experience was that anxiety and sleeplessness were symptoms of too little estrogen; once I raised my dose, they went away. What dose patch were you on? Was it Vivelle, the old patch, or Vivelle-dot, the newer one?

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM

I get anxiety when I am LOW in estrogen. It is horrible!!! I feel your pain. Good luck and keep us updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM

Thank you. Now they've changed my medicine again. I started estratest yesterday. 1.25 estrogen and some testosterone. I'm still anxious. Do you know how long I need to give each of these meds before I know they aren't going to work?

Kim
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM

HI Jennifer-
Thank you for responding. I was on the vivelle dot I think. Then he changed me to 1.25 premarin, then I started .625 premarin and really got anxious. Then yesterday I started Estratest 1.25 estrogen and I can't remember how much, but it has testosterone too. Do you have any idea how long I need to give the meds to work before I give up on them? I still have no appetite and am pacing around like a caged lion. It's been six weeks since my surgery and I am really feeling defeated.

Thank you.
Kim
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM

(((Kim))) I'd give it a few weeks at least. I'd also recommend keeping a journal of what you've tried and how you feel on it as you search for the best HRT for you.

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbabe View Post
(((Kim))) I'd give it a few weeks at least. I'd also recommend keeping a journal of what you've tried and how you feel on it as you search for the best HRT for you.

s,
-Linda
Linda-
I'm not sure if I'm responding directly to you. I'm confused how this site works and I think sometimes I'm posting a new thread and not responding directly back to you. I hope I am. Thank you for the advice. I just feel like I should be back to normal by now. I don't have much patience. I try praying and just trusting God is working it all out, but I'm human and I want to feel normal again and enjoy my children and life. I'm so discouraged.
Kim
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedone View Post
I just feel like I should be back to normal by now. I don't have much patience. I try praying and just trusting God is working it all out, but I'm human and I want to feel normal again and enjoy my children and life. I'm so discouraged.
Kim
Kim,
Try and not be discouraged. You are still VERY early post op. And you have tried alot of different estrogens in a very short period of time. The recovery from surgery itself can cause hormone fluctuations. The body needs time to adjust. So no, you would not necessarily be back to "normal" by now.

Please be patient and don't do so much changing and adjusting. You need to give yourself some time.

Here's a helpful new here tutorial https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_newwelcome.html There are many helpful tips to help you navigate the site and will be helpful for you to learn how the site works.

Unread 10-11-2009, 07:23 AM

You should check with your doctor and have your estrogen levels checked. You might have too much, or just cant tolerate the estrogen, as it can cause anxiety.
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:02 AM

I agree with gursee. I can't seem to tolerate any form of estrogen, even vaginal, because it gives me anxiety issues like crazy. I feel better off of all estrogen, but my vaginal area is so bad I have been trying a little bit of Premarin cream but after three weeks I need to stop because of the anxiety I am getting from just vaginal cream. Do you find you "sigh" involuntarily since your surgery? that started happening to me a few days after my surgery and comes back every time I use estrogen. I am having it again since trying Premarin cream. Once I get the sighing, I start in with anxiety and panick issues. It is miserable and it took me a long time to link the estrogen to the problem.

This is just my 2 cents as more women feel better on estrogen. I wish I could tolerate it, but I can't.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register