New here - one week until TLH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here - one week until TLH New here - one week until TLH

Unread 04-12-2010, 04:03 PM
New here - one week until TLH

My TLH is scheduled for April 20th. I have a pre-op appointment on the 16th. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks but just finally joined the site.

I have suffered with extremely heavy period ever since I started (at age 11). I always thought it was normal bleeding but have since learned that what I experienced most of my life was heavy and painful. I am now 41 (almost 42) and it seems like my body started to fall apart after I turned 40. My periods became super heavy - bleeding through a tampon and pad in the matter of an hour or so. I finally met with the GYN a few months ago and because of some of the other risk factors in my medical and family history we have decided a TLH is the best course of action.

So, I am now anxiously awaiting the final week until I am free. I am experiencing the entire range of emotions that most of the rest of you are also feeling. Panic, fear, worry, relief, peace and then back to panic. I have never had surgery before so I think the anesthesia part of the procedure actually has me more worked up than the actual surgery and recovery. I know its normal to have a bit of anxiety but it sure helps to read about others experiencing the same emotions as me. Thanks for all your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Re: New here - one week until TLH

Welcome! I have periods like yours too..and it is a pain. You date is not to far away so you don't have much more "waiting time" which i think is the worst!

Good luck!
Unread 04-12-2010, 04:12 PM

I think a lot us "lurked" around this site before actually joining. I know I did but I am sooo thankful to have found and joined as everyone here is so supportive. We all know the emotions you are feeling. You are not alone.

As I was reading your story, I thought wow..similiar to me...I too had heavy periods a lot growing up and just thought that was normal. But now they are just outta control and I am in your age group being 40. Never had surgery before other than day surgery to remove my wisdom teeth.

So ask away and keep this site close by as you will find all the support you need to get thru this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2010, 04:38 PM

I want to welcome you! I am glad you found us!

I just joined not too long ago myself and have found this site to be incredibly helpful. Actually, the women here are helpful and OH SO KIND! It amazes me how many of us are in the same boat.

I want to wish you the best of luck on April 20th!!!
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:37 PM

I lurked around the site for a bit too, before I finally joined. I just wanted to see what it was all about. One of my friends referred me to Hystersisters last month, and I'm so glad that she did. This site has been a real blessing, and the support is great.

You are not alone in your emotions, many of us are dealing with the same feelings as you. I agree that the waiting is the hardest part. My surgery is not until next month, but I chose to have it done later, because I want to complete this term of University first. Then I'll have all summer to worry about healing.

Sending you best wishes for your surgery and recovery!
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:38 PM

Welcome Sister.....

I found this site only 5 days before my surgery and could not have been more thankful. The waiting/anticipation is the hardest part. I can tell you that I am now at peace with my decision. I too do not like the idea of anesthesia. I learned more about my procedure in the last few days from the sisters than I did reading a book about it.

Welcome....and good luck to you on the 20th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register