endometriosis, adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endometriosis, adenomyosis endometriosis, adenomyosis

Unread 12-09-2004, 06:10 PM
endometriosis, adenomyosis

endometriosis, adenomyosis....are they the same thing just in different areas ?
I was diagnosed with pcos and , adenomyosis (this monday)and I just wonder if i might have endometriosis as well as i have a lot of bowel problems.
Is it true you cant see endo with a vaginal 3d ultra sound ? how do they find it ?
i have a pre op visit the 28 of dec , I wish I could move that date up faster! I am so ready to say bye bye to pain!

Lilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 06:55 PM

Endometriosis... is where the lining of the uterus that sheds during your monthly cycle... goes out the ovaries and settles on the outside of the uterus and other areas in the abdomen, instead of fluching itself out the vagina.
Adenomyosis... is where this same lining... absorbes into the uterine wall and doesnt shed at all.
I dont know exactly what it takes to diagnos endo... but I was told the only way adeno can be diagnosed is by actually looking at the uterus either by Laparoscopy or abdominal surgery.
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:39 PM

lillysilly, I also have adenomyosis and PCOD. From what I have read Dr.'s say adenomyosis is endometriosis inside out. They are kissing cousins. Can you ask your Dr.'s office to put you on a cancelation list for an earlier appointment? Take care~~Snacky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2004, 08:22 AM

Lilly,
I too have been diagnosed with adenomyosis and have dull pain most of the time. It seems lately though that it is the emotions getting the best of me. I can understand how you feel. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery! Mine is 12-27.

Ginger
Unread 12-10-2004, 12:36 PM

I was diagnosed through lapro in Sept with Adenomyosis. No endometriosis at all. I still have periods, but I have them often and they are incredibly heavy...I never know when I am going to bleed and when not...Last 30 days, I have bled 23. I have awful cramps and pains most of the time, even when not bleeding. Intercourse is very painful and I suffer for two days after usually (swelly belly, spotting) He said that my uterus is spongey..unlike the muscle it should be, and yes it absorbs the lining....even though I shed it too...I am having a tvh on 12/17. Cannot wait....
Unread 12-11-2004, 09:46 AM

thank you everyone for responding !!!! I have not had a Laparoscopy just the vaginal 3d ultra sound she said she could see the adenomyosis.I have read that usually they cant "see it "

I called in to see about being on a cancelation list but they do not provide one . but she did welcome me to keep checking ..........the bad or good thing is Im going out of the country jan 12-22 and I dont really think I should have the surgery knowing im going to be gone from my doctors and our hospitals~ what do ya'll think?

ksburnett & gin3275
Good luck and I know we are all gonna feel sooo much better!!!!

Lilly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register