10 days post hysterectomy: What can I do about incontinence/ urinating bladder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post hysterectomy: What can I do about incontinence/ urinating bladder? 10 days post hysterectomy: What can I do about incontinence/ urinating bladder?

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:43 PM
10 days post hysterectomy: What can I do about incontinence/ urinating bladder?

Hello
I had my hysterectomy on Nov 30 I am home now and cannot stop going to the bathroom to pee. Is there something I can take for this. Its very uncountable. I cannot sit or stand for a long time unless I take the oxycodone.

My back hurts a lot. I am trying not to take the oxycodone since I want to wean off but its the only way I get some sleep, otherwise I am up all night.

I hope everyone is doing well from their surgeries.

Blessing to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Re: What can I do about incontinence/urinating bladder?

Right now, standing or sitting for long periods of time strains the very areas which need healing - that's why it's not usually recommended at this point in your recovery. It can take a toll on your back since your abs have been weakened by surgery. Try reclining, and doing that more than other activities. Early on, it's often eat breakfast, shower, rest; go for a walk, rest; watch Netflix, fold some clothes (don't carry hampers!), rest.

The frequent need to pee could be bladder spasms. For me, I felt that I had difficulties starting, my stream was unsteady, and I didn't feel like I was completely empty. While it should correct itself, if you find that it's ongoing, getting worse, or just plain annoying, run it by your doctor. They might run a urinalysis to rule out a UTI, and perhaps be able to prescribe something to get you over the hump.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register