dVH/RALH Spotting 10 days after hysterectomy! What did I do wrong?! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting 10 days after hysterectomy! What did I do wrong?! Spotting 10 days after hysterectomy! What did I do wrong?!

Unread 06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Re: Spotting 10 days after hysterectomy! What did I do wrong?!

Have basically done nothing all day except take my daughter to the orthodontist. Now i have brown discharge. hoping I didn't mess anything up.
I really want to return to school on Monday to have my students put my room away for the summer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Spotting 10 days after hysterectomy! What did I do wrong?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero 123 View Post
I'm in the same boat. I had a DVH on May 21st, and everything has been fine until this morning. I had my first follow up this past Friday and my gynecologist was impressed on how quickly I was healing. I felt good and started moving around a little more comfortably. Last night, my husband and I had "outersex" and I had a mild orgasm. I'm not sure if this caused my spotting (old blood) or if it was prompted by me resuming back to almost-normal activity. This afternoon I began to have abdominal cramps, as if I was starting my period, so I decided to just take it easy for the rest of the day. However, this evening I noticed that the spotting was more of a slow flow and a brighter red; so much so, that I noticed I dripped a few drops of blood after stepping out of the shower tonight. I've been in contact with my nurse and she told me to watch out for these changes. Although I'm not bleeding like a regular period, I am concerned about the bright red blood and my cramping. Just not sure if this warrants a trip to the ER. Any thoughts?
Hi I am new to this site and am thankful for all of the replies and information. I had a TVH on May 16 and around day eight I started spotting. At my two week check up this past Friday Dr. said everything looked fine and she saw that where some of the stitches were was bleeding a little bit but she said there was not a problem. I know I probably overdid it by vacuuming a small area yesterday and made sure I did a lot of resting today because the spotting was going into some light bleeding. Just enough for a liner. Didn't do anything strenuous today but I just noticed there was visible blood in the toilet when I went to the bathroom. 😳 It is very scary when you think there will be no blood anymore and you do see it. I will touch base with the doctor tomorrow just to check in.
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:31 PM

So, I decided not to go to ER but called my doctor first thing in the morning. Luckily, he wanted to see me so they squeezed me into his busy schedule. Apparently, I had a busted blood vessel in my vaginal wall that was bleeding. The opening was no more than the size of a pin head and he was able to put an antibiotic coagulant that would stop the bleeding. The ointment hardens quickly and will dislodge on its own and come out. It worked! I haven't seen any more bright red blood since I left his office yesterday morning. I have a follow up appointment on Friday just to make sure all is well. So, what caused it? He said it could have been anything. A slight movement or mild strain, but said it wasn't my fault. ..it happens sometimes. :-) Lesson learned: There will be good days and bad days throughout the recovery period, and I (we) have to take care of myself (ourselves). It was a major surgery. I hope all goes well for you at your doctor's appointment tomorrow. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy9057 View Post
Hi I am new to this site and am thankful for all of the replies and information. I had a TVH on May 16 and around day eight I started spotting. At my two week check up this past Friday Dr. said everything looked fine and she saw that where some of the stitches were was bleeding a little bit but she said there was not a problem. I know I probably overdid it by vacuuming a small area yesterday and made sure I did a lot of resting today because the spotting was going into some light bleeding. Just enough for a liner. Didn't do anything strenuous today but I just noticed there was visible blood in the toilet when I went to the bathroom. 😳 It is very scary when you think there will be no blood anymore and you do see it. I will touch base with the doctor tomorrow just to check in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw32 View Post
Hi. Just saw your post. I am too. After only light spotting 4 weeks and 5 days after my da Vinci hysterectomy , I started to bleed. Hope yours is just spotting, you need to rest. If spotting stays same call gyn tomorrow, if becomes more, may want to call the oncall doctor. I had more than spotting, I actually was bleeding , of course I increased my activity since I was 4 weeks and 5 days post op. I went on a school trip with my little kids for 2 hrs. I was told to wait and see and it continued on and off so went to doctors office and was told ithe stitches are kooking fine. But on and off bleeding continued. I literally is in bed and only walks 5 minutes each hr.morning still bleeding, but small amount, not needing a pad. Will keep you updated. But you need to slow down on doing too much
Hi there! You didn't do anything wrong. This is a normal process of healing. I had my hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and have had spotting. I, too, initially didn't really experience any spotting the first few days, but then consistently a little bit every day. It should stop after a few weeks. If you begin bleeding bright red, and heavily, then contact your doctor immediately. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Thank you all. Just a couple of case here. I went to my doctor 6/3 morning. He used silver nitrate stopped bleeding. Since then the bleeding seemed stopped. Some brown discharge which I read here, should be normal. I am taking it easy, but I am nervous about going back to work on Monday. Even though I will be post op 6 weeks,I wonder with this light bleeding and now silver nitrate on 6/3,should rest more before head back. I am on my feet a lot at work. I walked around block the first time. Felt sore in cuff area, but resting seems solved this . so sisters, should I go back to work this coming Monday. Doctor wants to see me on next Tuesday to see how I am doing.
Unread 06-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy2Manteo View Post
Hi there! You didn't do anything wrong. This is a normal process of healing. I had my hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and have had spotting. I, too, initially didn't really experience any spotting the first few days, but then consistently a little bit every day. It should stop after a few weeks. If you begin bleeding bright red, and heavily, then contact your doctor immediately. I hope you feel better soon.
Hi. Just want you know, I really appreciate your posting. I was beating myself up , blaming myself for overdoing.I was scared also suddenly see spotting. But thank you for your supportive and kind words. I have not seen blood except some light brown discharge. Thank god. Just want to say thank you
Unread 06-08-2014, 08:56 AM

I am four weeks out now .i had almost no bleeding and stopped having to wear a liner after a week. After starting back at work at the beginning of three weeks I started having some bleeding again most days just old brown blood some days I'll have one spurt of red blood. I ask my dr he told me that it was to be expected. The more I move the more the blood moves around and as the stitches dissolve and the tissue grows back it would happen to. If I go through more than one pad am hour them I need to call. But otherwise he said just follow the restrictions and listen to my body.
Unread 06-08-2014, 05:00 PM

Thank you all for these responses. I had a few days of light spotting right after my Da Vinci on May 21. Then several days of nothing. Then notices that I was having it again. Kinda freaked me out. But then I realized it coincided with activity. Today I just took it easy. For the most part my recovery has been uneventful. I am going to go into work tomorrow but just for a couple hours. And lunch with my coworker.
Unread 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM

[quote=terbear40503;4386837]Thank you all for these responses. I had a few days of light spotting right after my Da Vinci on May 21. Then several days of nothing. Then notices that I was having it again. Kinda freaked me out. But then I realized it coincided with activity. Today I just took it easy. For the most part my recovery has been uneventful. I am going to go into work tomorrow but just for a couple hours. And lunch with my coworker.[/QUOTE
Dear terbear, for those of us heading back to work tomorrow, pray for all of us- take it easy and protect our precious body, and smooth healing. Jw

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register