Really? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Really?

I'm nervous of course, surgery is in 5 days. But I thought I was doing ok handling it. Last night I went to bed tired, calm and thinking about my daughters birthday. I woke up at 2:30 am panicked and thinking about the surgery. I guess my subconscious is worried about it too. So I calmed myself down and relaxed and fell back to sleep. Same thing happened at 5:30 am. Wonderful. I fell back asleep and woke all sweaty. I'm not sure if it's from the adreline or was a night sweat from perimenopause.

I'll be happy once this is over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Re: Really?

***Hugs*** Being nervous is normal. I am currently dealing with the same emotions. My surgery is August 1. I'm sitting in the waiting room for my final pre-op appointment with this surgeon. Seeing a pregnant woman when I walked into the building made me burst into tears.

We will get through this. I'm glad we have this forum to support each other.
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM

I have been a hormonal mess....I guess from the cysts on my ovaries, and have been worrying, so is this what the forced menopause is gonna be like? Not able to sleep, crying all the time...ugh...

Still, I am in a lot of pain, so I just want it done...then I will deal with the next mess later. ha

But I completely get it. Some days, I think, oh, you will be fine - most surgical deaths are with people who never had anesthesia, then i read (last night) one in 1000 die...so...yeah...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM

I think all the sleeplessness is something we all share. I really don't know why more doctors don't address this very real issue. By the time I actually did go to the surgery I was so tired from lack of sleep....but..this will pass ladies...

I had my surgery last November, and all that worry and what if stuff...didn't change anything, but for the life of me I don't know how you can't experience this...

All I can suggest is keep talking to your sisters here, we understand..and that fear is real, not just some hormonal woman getting her knickers in a twist. We will listen and we do understand!

Lee in northern California
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:15 PM

Normal how your feeling. Everyone is nervous before surgery. For me waiting was the worst part. I feel so much better. I am almost five weeks post op and have not regret since day one. The night before my surgery I hardly had any sleep and was having panic attacks. I overreacted. It went by quick and smooth. Your doctor and nurses know what to do and they do this all the time. You will be relieved once it is all done. It has been worth it and the best decision I ever made. Lots and lots of women have hysterectomies everyday. You can do this! It will be over before you know it. We are all here for you
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:58 PM

totally agree with what Sarahwood wrote. Our doctors and nurses do this all the time, it's just another day at the office for them. You will be fine and we will be here to cheer you on!
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM

I'm also dealing with anxiety. My pre op is August first and my doc is doing a laparoscopic hysterectomy on August 8. (I don't know all the acronyms and slang yet). Mine is for heavy, nonstop periods and I am really ready for this to be over. I didn't expect to be so emotional about it. My kids are 19 and 16, so I didn't think the loss of fertility would be an issue anymore. But I find myself tearing up overdoing lyrics and cutesy Facebook posts. From reading this site I know this is normal, but a bit embarrassing. I'm really, really glad I found this site so I don't have to feel so crazy alone! Thanks for your post!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register