Can you have adenomyosis and not have heavy bleeding? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can you have adenomyosis and not have heavy bleeding? Can you have adenomyosis and not have heavy bleeding?

Unread 09-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Re: Can you have adenomyosis and not have heavy bleeding?

I have the same pains as so many here and my doctor thinks I have adeno & endo and my surgery is next Tuesd. Oct. 6th.
I am so tired of the pain ...back pain , pain in upper legs , cramps and even with a heavy dose of hormones now I have NOT stopped bleeding.
I have been bleeding for 2 month now and I am so tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM

I had Mirena inserted 3 1/2 years ago due to my cycle becoming heavier than normal (assuming the change was just a natural thing as I aged) and it did it's job until 6 months ago. I still have no bleeding, although I get sharp stabbing pains in my right side, around my back and down my legs. I also look like I am in an early stage of pregnancy due to my swollen pelvic area. These symptoms repeat every 2 weeks for about 7 days. After 3 ultrasounds, a CT scan and an MRI, and a visit to the GI doctor to rule out anything there (thankfully I didn't need any tests from them) I changed gyn doctors and after his exam he concluded that he feels it is adeno along with a few fibroids. Scheduled for a TAH on Nov. 5 and after 6 months of this cycle, I am ready, prepared and wish it was tomorrow. I should also mention I also have fatigue and loss of appetite (at least a lower appetite) during this time as well.

Probably my one concern is that the gyn told me the Mirena is probably helping my symptoms and he plans on removing it 2 weeks prior and I am afraid of how it will affect my symptoms and pray they do not get any worse.
Unread 01-13-2010, 11:09 PM

All of you ladies have described what I was feeling for the last two years!!! Pain in my lower back going down my legs and into my lower abdomen!!! And it was getting more severe and starting to hurt all the time. After my hyster, at my 2 week post op appt. my gyn said that at least one of the fibroids had adeno and was starting to make it's own glandular fluid!! He said those are more painful.

The goofy thing is I have always gone to get my yearly pap and exam done. I was going to a really old doc. When I started to complain about aches and bleeding he gave me Yaz birth control!! Every year he prodded around on my belly and every year he gave me more birth control! (The last time I saw him was Aug. 2009.)

On Oct. 26, 2009, after I had bled and was soaking three pads in a few hours and passing huge, enormous clots for 4 days, I called him. He said that when I started the birth control again, I would stop bleeding. I told him that I was on the birth control and had been for over a week!!! He told me I shouldn't be bleeding!!!!

I went to the ER and had a blood transfusion and a D&C. Found out there that I had fibroids and would need a hyster.

I decided to choose another gyno. And I'm so glad I did!!! My new gyno knows what he is doing. Well, anyway, my uterus was BIG. It was 10 times the normal size! I had huge fibroids and some smaller ones. At least one had adenomyosis. I plan to find out how big when I go back on Jan. 21 for my 6 weeks post op check. My new gyno got all of it out through my vagina!! He almost didn't. I am so grateful that he did.

I am relived to have the whole thing out. I feel so thin!! I still need to lose a lot of weight. I lost 15 lbs. with this surgery!

Take care ladies!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Yes it is. The Doctor actually really surprised me with this diagnosis last month. I had recurrent ovarian dermoid cysts and he told me that at my previous surgery my uterus had been 10 week size. Currently it is about 12 week size.
My periods are very predictable 27-29 days , not heavy, no clots. I do have some pretty bad cramping . The doc is a gyn oncologist and made the diagnoses by the enlargement and the heterogenous surface of the uterus.
He suggested Hysterectomy but I not done with my ffamily so he just removed the cysts for me for now and cleaned up some scar tissue and adhesions.
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Hello Dear Ladies...
Long time no see. So much has happened since I last posted. After so many doctors I have finally found a good one, who knows what he doing.He actually saw the adenomyosis on the US. I didn't know that was possible. Never the less he has been a GYN for 31 years and is considered very conservative. Some people say that if the technician is experienced, it can be seen.
According to what he showed me, the adenomyosis is along my c-sec scar. I am not surprised. I just don't know why it wasn't seen before. It frustrates me.
I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on June 22, to be done laproscopically and with my ovaries intact. After 4 surgeries in one year and percacet and mobic on an almost daily basis, I've decided I have to trust somebody sometime. I am looking forward to an end to one thing and a new beginning of the rest of my life.
I have not always had the heavy bleeding that some sisters report, but the constant debilitating pain that has lasted two years.
I will post back here when I can to let you all know how I am getting along and give you happy thoughts.
I am anxious, but have decided that praying for a calm heart and good healing is the remedy. I am also going to pray for my doctor, that he will be discerning and steady.
I have run out of options, so I've decided to make peace and not listen to anything negative.
Come this late summer I hope to be well again. I wish you all the same good things.
Unread 06-06-2010, 06:25 PM

I have never had insane, run to the ER bleeding but I've been on some form of birth control since my son was born almost 3 years ago, and still my periods were extremely heavy with large clots by the time I had the adeno diagnosed via exam and ultrasound. My gyno couldn't believe how bad the bleeding was on birth control pills, I can't imagine what it would be like without any birth control at all.
Unread 09-24-2015, 12:34 PM

Hi Butterly Jones,
Not sure if you are still looking at the site as it is a few years since your post and I really hope you got things sorted out
Just wish I had been able to speak with you at the time. Please look at my post in 'post op recovery' threads- '22 days post and on crutches' I'd like to know how things progressed for you?

Sister hugs to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register