8 days post hysterectomy. feeling pretty good, feeling blessed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days post hysterectomy. feeling pretty good, feeling blessed 8 days post hysterectomy. feeling pretty good, feeling blessed

Unread 01-22-2015, 05:36 AM
8 days post hysterectomy. feeling pretty good, feeling blessed

i'm 8 days post op. and feel pretty good.I just wanted to say that all of us are different and are taking it day by day, and doing more or less than anyone else shouldn't be scary to others. it should be encouraging! seeing different people going at different rates shows each other that we're all normal.

myself, personally? I'm very proud of myself for my positive attitude in this whole ordeal, and i think that though my body is healing slow, my spirit is recovering fast. i have more mental/emotional energy than physical. but that also gives me a little boost to tell myself "I am doing so well, i can get up and walk around! i can (finally) poop (at least a bit) i can eat. & i can twist just enough to pop my lower back again with out pain"
i don't do much around the house but i'm trying to be self reliant a little bit. I use the bathroom when i need to, i get up pretty frequently and walk a bit, than i sit my happy butt back down and rest some more, & i take naps when i need one. Going into all this i thought it would be a lot worse (others may not be as fortunate), that i'd still need help up, and i just thought i might be helplessly stuck in an immobile body. I feel so blessed to have the help i do, for my doctors support and willingness to help me in the way that I needed for my own psychological health. i feel blessed to not have waited until i was older and to be young and healthy and strong through this now. take note ladies that when i post in pre-op and say it's not as bad as i thought it was going to be, i'm saying that if you go into this with optimism, and keep a positive attitude, even if it's just a small influence of positivism, it does still make a difference. yes your body will hurt, yes you'll be sore adn tender, yes you'll get tired. But just know that the hysterectomy surgery will make some positive difference in your life. When i came too from anesthesia i wanted to cry tears of joy b/c i knew the pain would be over and i was so thankful to my doctor. For me being a trauma/ abuse survivor this was an empowering choice for me, that my needs were met adn I was the one to make it Happen. I'm 24, since i started my period when i was 13 i've had heavy, painful, prolonged periods and unending hormone cycles. I'd cramp so bad i'd pass out. I've learned that i had fibroids, a "fluid filled pocket" in my uterus and my left ovary was filled with cysts. I'm waiting for the tests and whatnot to come back on what was going on with those things. I'm the one who asked for this surgery, i'm the one who chose TAH, adn i'm the one who chose to keep my healthy cervix and ovary. the other ways to do the surgery just weren't for me. after sexual abuse i couldn't stand the thought of doing a vaginal surgery adn going laproscopic terrified me. i needed the peace of mind that it would be one cut adn everything would go perfect b/c i felt that what was being done could be done more thoroughly this way. i trusted my doc to do their job and i trust my body to heal. I came into this prepared for the worst but mindset on the best!

I'm glad to come on and see how everyone is different, adn when i offer advice/ encouragement / support i hope you know i'm sincere and thoughtful. it's great to be a hystersister! we're all so strong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpipandcheriosx View Post
i'm 8 days post op. and feel pretty good.I just wanted to say that all of us are different and are taking it day by day, and doing more or less than anyone else shouldn't be scary to others. it should be encouraging! seeing different people going at different rates shows each other that we're all normal.

myself, personally? I'm very proud of myself for my positive attitude in this whole ordeal, and i think that though my body is healing slow, my spirit is recovering fast. i have more mental/emotional energy than physical. but that also gives me a little boost to tell myself "I am doing so well, i can get up and walk around! i can (finally) poop (at least a bit) i can eat. & i can twist just enough to pop my lower back again with out pain"
i don't do much around the house but i'm trying to be self reliant a little bit. I use the bathroom when i need to, i get up pretty frequently and walk a bit, than i sit my happy butt back down and rest some more, & i take naps when i need one. Going into all this i thought it would be a lot worse (others may not be as fortunate), that i'd still need help up, and i just thought i might be helplessly stuck in an immobile body. I feel so blessed to have the help i do, for my doctors support and willingness to help me in the way that I needed for my own psychological health. i feel blessed to not have waited until i was older and to be young and healthy and strong through this now. take note ladies that when i post in pre-op and say it's not as bad as i thought it was going to be, i'm saying that if you go into this with optimism, and keep a positive attitude, even if it's just a small influence of positivism, it does still make a difference. yes your body will hurt, yes you'll be sore adn tender, yes you'll get tired. But just know that the hysterectomy surgery will make some positive difference in your life. When i came too from anesthesia i wanted to cry tears of joy b/c i knew the pain would be over and i was so thankful to my doctor. For me being a trauma/ abuse survivor this was an empowering choice for me, that my needs were met adn I was the one to make it Happen. I'm 24, since i started my period when i was 13 i've had heavy, painful, prolonged periods and unending hormone cycles. I'd cramp so bad i'd pass out. I've learned that i had fibroids, a "fluid filled pocket" in my uterus and my left ovary was filled with cysts. I'm waiting for the tests and whatnot to come back on what was going on with those things. I'm the one who asked for this surgery, i'm the one who chose TAH, adn i'm the one who chose to keep my healthy cervix and ovary. the other ways to do the surgery just weren't for me. after sexual abuse i couldn't stand the thought of doing a vaginal surgery adn going laproscopic terrified me. i needed the peace of mind that it would be one cut adn everything would go perfect b/c i felt that what was being done could be done more thoroughly this way. i trusted my doc to do their job and i trust my body to heal. I came into this prepared for the worst but mindset on the best!

I'm glad to come on and see how everyone is different, adn when i offer advice/ encouragement / support i hope you know i'm sincere and thoughtful. it's great to be a hystersister! we're all so strong!
Wow, I never thought of your age, but you have a strong will and very positive attitude. you've shared a story thats very inspiring and so helpful to me personally. Bless you and thanks
Unread 01-22-2015, 05:48 AM
Re: 8 days post op. feeling pretty good, feeling blessed

big hugs and lots of love to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstoni View Post
Wow, I never thought of your age, but you have a strong will and very positive attitude. you've shared a story thats very inspiring and so helpful to me personally. Bless you and thanks
You are a blessing to have gone through such a tough time at your age I'm sure your were just over welmed when you came to the thought of its over. Your story is very inspiring. I am 45 and had one cyst on left ovary that was hemmoragic and had it removed in just the cyst it was 4 cmm and less then two months later had another 4 cmm cyst on same ovary so they decided to do a hysterectomy. It's a rough recovery but I know my quality of life will be better. I hope your quality of life is better after recovery thanks for sharing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register