Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later

Hello good morning,
I am supposed to have my hysterectomy on the 22nd the doctor is going to leave my ovaries and go through my bellybutton and two incisions on the side, I have to be back at work on the 29th I only have a week. I sit at a desk all day is this really a option?? Please help if this can't happen I need to cancel my surgery. Thank you all and a happy healthy recovery for you all. Oh a million thank you for this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Re: Need the truth

I can't see how this would be possible. I am having a TVH and my doctor has told me 4-6 weeks off with the possibility of letting me work from home on week 3 if I am doing well. Since I haven't had my surgery yet I don't have personal experience to relay.
Unread 06-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapa View Post
I can't see how this would be possible. I am having a TVH and my doctor has told me 4-6 weeks off with the possibility of letting me work from home on week 3 if I am doing well. Since I haven't had my surgery yet I don't have personal experience to relay.
See why are people saying I'll be ok ? It's very confusing and frustrating, I have been told that a lady had a dinner party the next night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKDA View Post
See why are people saying I'll be ok ? It's very confusing and frustrating, I have been told that a lady had a dinner party the next night
I'm not sure. I have read where some people are fast healers and went back to work after 2 weeks, but a dinner party the next night seems crazy. The problem is how do you know if you will be one of the lucky ones and heal faster than average?
Unread 06-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later

Did you talk to your dr about it? I had a tah/bso and felt great afterward. I went back to work at 3 weeks, but could have gone at 2, but everyone is different. What would happen if you had to take an extra couple of weeks? Because even if your dr is quite confident, you will never be 100% sure that something might not go wrong that would delay your recovery. But then again, you could catch something even without surgery and be off a couple of weeks, we just never know.
Unread 06-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 6/22: Need the truth - have to be back at work 1 week later

I went back to work at a part-time desk job at four weeks myself. I've heard of people going back as early as two weeks. Some had good results with this, some didn't.

One week sounds overly ambitious to me. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just saying that you can't count on it.

1) Why are you having surgery? Is it for reasons that allow you to delay the surgery?

2) Is there another time later in the year when you would be able to take more time off?
Unread 06-10-2015, 11:59 AM

I could have done it if putting food on the table depended on it, but I wouldn't have wanted to.

I was able to work part-time from home by the end of week 1, and part time at the office by the end of week 2, and full time at week three.

I could have gone and sat at my desk full time at week two, but I would have been very tired and not very productive, and certainly couldn't have done any chores at home after work.
Unread 06-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
I went back to work at a part-time desk job at four weeks myself. I've heard of people going back as early as two weeks. Some had good results with this, some didn't.

One week sounds overly ambitious to me. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just saying that you can't count on it.

1) Why are you having surgery? Is it for reasons that allow you to delay the surgery?

2) Is there another time later in the year when you would be able to take more time off?
Thank you for getting back, I have a tumor and fibroids and The Dr said I have a diseased uterus . I was not planning on this right now I was going to get it next year, but the Dr wants to do it now and he said I can be back at work in a week so I agreed and then I found this site when I started googlein. I'm tired and getting annoyed i just want to know what to expect and I don't understand why I get the run around
Unread 06-10-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynngg View Post
I could have done it if putting food on the table depended on it, but I wouldn't have wanted to.

I was able to work part-time from home by the end of week 1, and part time at the office by the end of week 2, and full time at week three.

I could have gone and sat at my desk full time at week two, but I would have been very tired and not very productive, and certainly couldn't have done any chores at home after work.
Thank you see that's what I am hearing, I have a great support system at home and the only reason why I have to be back at work is because we are short staffed and we all put our vacation in already I have a week now and then one in August. I said I will be there so people are counting on me, I can't let anyone down. I think I should not be listening to the doctor
Unread 06-10-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapa View Post
I know see its crazy I don't get it?? But a friend of mine just had hers and said it will be ok to go back to work

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register