Its been Five Weeks and its been rough | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its been Five Weeks and its been rough Its been Five Weeks and its been rough

Unread 05-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Its been Five Weeks and its been rough

Well Its been five weeks. and well my recovery isn't going good. My insection split open and all this yellow fluied came out it lasted for two hours and three rolls of paper towles . Now its still leaking after one week. Seen the doctor and he had put me on diffent meds to see if they can clear up the infection? I have been on anti meds for five weeks in a row. Notting is preventing the infection. For the first month I was on Cerpo and now on ERYC.
They said if this anti meds dont work then I would need to go see a gen suregeron to close up the hole ( CT Showed).
my body isn't healing like i want it to ! Now they are wanting me to been off work much longer.
But I cant be.... I am so tried, lost alot of weight. and sick as a dog.
I thought because I am young I would recover alot soonner. Boy I was wrong!

The emotions, the hot flash's mood swings ect is getting to me. I dont feel my self. I am so frustrated.

Any one had this much issue after the hyst?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 12:20 AM

HI LovelyRose,

Sorry you are having so much trouble and sadly I can't offer much advice as I was one of the lukcy one's and had a rather uneventful recovery.

I think because of your infection being so prolonged everything else is just mounting up on you. The hot flushes aren't much fun. I see you still have your ovaries perhaps they are still asleep. Have you spoken with your doctor about the hot flushes? It might be worth telling him as he may be able to give you some HRT until they kick back in.

I do hope things settle soon for you. Hugs Karen
Unread 05-23-2006, 05:21 AM

LovelyRose like patchkaz i was one of the lucky ones also. it's been 6 weeks for me. all i can tell you is keep in contact with your dr, and allow yourself to get alot of rest. i seen my dr at the 2 weeks point, and he does not want to see me until 6/6 which is 6 weeks later, and a total of 8 weeks. i've been taking easy, but i have been feeling good since week 4. keep us updated, and know we are thinking about you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 05:55 AM

LovelyRose, I can't pass along any advice, but just want to send a prayer your way. Make sure you get the attention you need from your doc, and please please be good to yourself. You can't control it if you need more time away from work, and your body needs the time to heal. I hope the meds work, and you can start to feel better real soon.
Unread 05-23-2006, 07:38 AM

I know how you feel...my incision healed quickly and nicely...but internally at 6 weeks Doc said I wasn't healing right either and am still having lots of pain. I was put on lots of antibiotics. I am 11 weeks out now and have some good days, but still some bad ones...haven't been back to see the MD for a while...next appt not till Aug, but I may get an earlier appt if Im not feeling better soon. Today, I do feel pretty good and have since Sat...so maybe i am starting to heal.

Here's hoping that you start feeling better soon..try not to get discouraged..I know, easier said than done...rest and take care of yourself.

Unread 05-23-2006, 07:51 AM

HI! I know how you feel . I have hit several bumps in the road to recovary.I first got a UTI ,then my incision got infected (only slightly,healed well with antibiotics and cleaning with peroxide),i have had horrible bowel issues constipation +++ that nothing seems to help,bladder issues that noone can figure out what it is.I have pain when my bladder gets full ,pain while going,pain and pressure in my vagina,I had blood and puss in my urine but culture was normal, they found I have a bacterial vaginitis,and a yeast infection ,and now just for kicks my body thought it would be fun to get a sinus infection.This has all been within 4 1/2 weeks since my surgery.I feel for you!! I wish we could be those lucky girls who are healing well.I hope you feel better soon!! Jess
Unread 05-23-2006, 08:11 AM

Dear Rose,

I know just how you are feeling, truly. My incision was leaking so I went to the doctors and she ended up opening it herself to drain all the seroma (fluid build up). They won't sew it closed she said it has to heal from the inside out so now it is packed daily and they say it is healing slowly. I can only hope they are right.

Hang in there and do what you need to do to heal up. Please know you are not alone. Also, try not to worry about work it will still be there and you want to be healed before you return.

Sharon aka Spritey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register