4 weekers-how you feeling? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weekers-how you feeling? 4 weekers-how you feeling?

Unread 02-28-2005, 04:30 AM
4 weekers-how you feeling?

I woke up early today to check on another big snow here in the northeast and I realized today is 4 weeks! What a difference a week makes! I feel enormously improved over week 3-how about you? What are doing now for the first time? What are waiting on?How is your swelly belly-did you name him yet?I'd love to hear how you're doing and I hope you are seeing the slightest glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel! Happy Snow Day!(10-15 inches and I don't get to shovel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 05:31 AM

It's snowing here too...but we are only supposd to get like 6 inches.
I am feeling better physically but still working on the HRT to get it correct. This leaves my emotions in a bit of a quandry.
I am doing everything I did before the surgery at this point, laundry, vacuuming,dishes, beds all of it.
I was supposed to go back to work today but the PCP said at least another week. I was scared and looking forward to going back to work at the same time. The DR said she doesn't want me to go back and then to be off again because it's too much for my body.
Most of the time I have no swelly belly but if I over do it and sometimes even if I don't it comes roaring back to visit as if to say HEY I AM STILL HERE..TAKE IT EASY!!!!
I am having a problem with leakage the DR put me on Detrol LA because I have stress incontinence that is getting worse. It seems to be working but it's only been a few days so the full effect isn't there yet.
Except for these minor quirks I am doing well can't believe I had surgery a month ago!
Everyone take care!!!!
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:52 AM

Finally, the snow is missing us.
I am feeling better than I have in months!!! Yesterday DH and I went to the grocery store and it felt wonderful not to have to come home and crash. Although I don't think I am up to that Walmart trip yet If I over do it during the day I still notice the swelly belly and achy pain at night. It is just wonderful to be able to load the dishwasher again, never thought I would say that!!!
My biggest ailment has been these darn hot flashes and night sweats, and emotional outbursts. Doc put me on .05 estraderm patches but I don't think they are working very well. I have an appointment for a check up tommorrow so I will ask him about this then.
Best wishes and happy healing to all sisters!!'s
Roianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 12:45 PM

Hello!
I made a homemade beef soup for the family last night, without having to rest, and about 10 loads of laundry the last two days. No one else was doing it! I made the soup because we were supposed to be getting the storm that you are getting today(east coast) it stayed a little above us and kept on moving ....I was hoping for the blizzard,just one before I have to go back to work, a week from today....:cry:
Everything seems to be getting back to normal, I correct the occasional leaky bladder problem with a poise pantiliner....but soon the DR assures me this will be a thing of the past too, cuz he did a Burch procedure after the Hyster and when it is done healing, I shouldn't have anymore leaks
Yes, when my swelly belly is acting up....it makes my newly placed bladder feel like there is glass inside I am extremely glad that my noisy bowels have silenced.....no more gurgles, glugs, squeaks and groans....those would have been hard to explain at work Hang in there Sisters, it keeps getting better, just remember to give it time.
Myn
Unread 02-28-2005, 10:16 PM

Hi sisters! Well, I had my TAH/BSO Feb. 1st, and well, my poor body has not got a chance to heal really. I was at the castle for barley two days...then I stayed in the bed at home for the first week. That was it..went to DR and he gave me clearance to drive and I started getting the kids to school, dishes, laundry and unpacking(moved same time as surgery!). It was way too much way too early, and it was really hard at first and I was really slow with it...but now, I am still pretty sore inside, and getting up from a sitting down position is a little painful still too, but I am getting things done..tons of laundry, grocery shopping, etc etc. I wish though that I would have been able to lay around and not done anything so soon. I had some discharge the other day with a dime size clot that came out..I don't know if it was anything to worry about or not...I think it is just from the stitches inside healing...well, I hope anyway. And my moods are a little crazy right now. I asked my best friend if she saw any change in me..and she laughed and said, Well, your a little more cockier and outspoken than you used to be!.hahaha...I am on a little red pill called Cenestin...is anyone else familiar with that hormone pill? Anyway, I am glad everyone is doing well. Anyone know when we get to start excercising? This belly has got to go!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register