June 20th is the date! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

June 20th is the date! June 20th is the date!

Unread 06-14-2005, 09:16 PM
June 20th is the date!

I just had my pre-op visit today with my Dr. and at the hospital.
I will be having a TAH/LSO on Monday June 20. I have large fibroids and it's time for them to go. I'm very nervous but also anxious to get it over with.! It has been so helpful to read about the experiences of others and I feel that with your help I will have a little bit easier time coping with the days ahead.Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2005, 01:59 AM
June 20th is the date!

Hi maybabe,

I understand your emotions and feelings. They are quite normal.

Thank you for letting us know when your day is! Best wishes to you for an uncomplicated surgery and recovery!

s

Deb
Unread 06-15-2005, 02:02 AM
June 20th is the date!

Hi maybabe,
We have the same date! I am very anxious to get this over with too. Mine has been postponed twice and I am more than ready. I am a little bit nervous but much more happy about getting it over with.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2005, 07:50 AM
June 20th is the date!

Hi,
I am June 20th also. Someone said there are 30 of us for that day. I have multiple fibroids and an enlarged uterus. I am also having a breast reduction done same day. (Yes I have lost my marbles). I have my pre-op Friday. I think I have most of my things on the list of have to haves for the hospital. SOOOOO nervous at this point, kind of hard to keep my thoughts straight!!
Just think this time next week it will be over with Thank God!!!
Debbie
Unread 06-15-2005, 12:26 PM
June 20th is the date!

Wow, there does seem to be a lot of us for the 20th. I just returned from my pre-op visit with my doctor. My blood pressure is through the roof! If I cannot get it vunder control they will postpone surgery. Any ideas? I go to my regular dotor tomorrow. I am already taking hyzaar for blood pressure but it is now 160/98. Has anyone else had to postpone? I really do not want to go through this waiting again!

It sure is nice to have a place to talk and listen to others who are going through the same things. It seems my family does not want to talk about this surgery anymore.
Unread 06-15-2005, 06:30 PM
June 20th is the date!

Hi rossmindle,
How long has your blood pressure been that high, if I might ask? My blood pressure is now under control after being that high several years ago. I am on two different medications for it. As far as what to do to lower it in a hurry... I found out that my blood pressure is lower when I drink a lot of water.

I am sorry to tell you but my surgery has been postponed twice and this has been one of the hardest experiences I have gone through. I would never want anyone's surgery to be postponed. I hope everything goes well. My surgery was postponed because of other women having emergencies and had to go in front of me but for what ever reason it is hard to take because you psych your self up for it and it doesn't happen then next week you do it all over again.

I did some research on my doctor the other day and found out that he has offices in two other towns besides this one. He is a busy busy man. I am glad that I am not an emergency but let's get real...
Good luck!
Debbie
Unread 06-15-2005, 06:39 PM
June 20th is the date!

I too am on the 20th......and my mood swings are out of control. I feel like some kind of lunitic today...work was probably the most stressful day in over a year...

I am just about packed and plan to get the house cleaned tomorrow as I am working thru Sunday...(my choice....was thinking that it would be a good distraction) another day like today and I don't know if that is going to work tho.

I do not drink....but it is awfully tempting tonight......

Thanks for listening, I love this website, it has truely been a saving grace for me.......
Unread 06-15-2005, 08:29 PM
20th ladies

Wow - add me to the list for the 20th!

I have my pre-op tomorrow and am taking a print out of questiions from this site, which has been great for questions and just venting. Was hoping the hubby would come with because I think he should have some of his questions answered but he took the day off to go fishing with his dad, so he can escape I think! I am starting to pack, bought some cute jammies to go with the gas-x and enema package!

Smile Heather
Unread 06-15-2005, 09:02 PM
June 20th is the date!

I am the 20th too!

I haven't been able to find Smooth Move Tea (sigh). I was calm this morning, but the tension is rising. I've lost my appetite. Now my computer is acting up...I hope I will be able to be on this site up until the 19th! It has been so nice to meet all of you. Like the other women said on another date, we too shall hold each others hands mentally when we become Princesses on the 20th.

Big Hugs to everyone!
Kathleen
Unread 06-16-2005, 08:35 AM
June 20th is the date!

Irish Kathleen....

Smooth Move tea is at GNC health stores....you can also purchase it online...but the shipping is more than the tea.

I know that tension. Last night I felt like I wanted to explode and every little thing that happened seemed like the end of the world I usually just go with the flow....

Well it is just around the corner now.....Jumping on here first thing in the AM and last thing in the PM.....thank you sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register