Scheduled LAVH clothing after lap lavh - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

clothing after lap lavh clothing after lap lavh

Unread 07-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Re: clothing after lap lavh

I have been living in elastic waist shorts and tshirts and sundresses. I am dressing for comfort and I don't think there is anyway I could put a pair of jeans on right now. When I came home from the hospital, I wore elastic waist band shorts and a tshirt as well. From reading other stories on here, I learned that my belly would be swollen so I wanted to make sure I could fit into something for the ride home....plus, I live in Texas and it is hot!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2013, 07:42 PM

think some moo moo pj are a good idea for recovery
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:54 AM

Button down anything is good and comfort bras. Believe it or not, I also bought a few pairs of funky colored scrubs. They were the only true drawstring pants I could find and they're pretty cheap too. They also came in a wide range of sizes & petite. I found I needed about two sizes up to be comfy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2013, 09:27 AM
clothing after lap lavh

Dresses were my go to!...I wore pull-over lightweight, casual cotton knit dresses (with a little stretch in them) Also I made use of old goucho pants that I dug out of my closet. Both so comfy.

One more thing, find some good slip-on shoes; sandals, flip-flops, slippers for the hospital, and/or slip-on sneakers. Trying to tie your shoes will bring you to tears.
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM

I lived in nightgowns the first two weeks at least if not more. I couldn't stand anything around my waist regardless of how loose it was. I would definitely go with dresses at first.
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:12 AM
clothing after lap lavh

I lived in my husbands big sweat pants and warm fuzzy socks. I wore my biggest shirt and hardly ever a bra. I hardly wore panties either. The less that touched my belly the better.
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:26 AM

Loose fitting elastic waist shorts/pants. Loose fitting shirts, slip on shoes ( nothing to tie or bend to put on), although I may not wear flip flops..too unstble, and a bit bigger underwear. I used the clothes I wore to the castle, same one to go home in. So wear the slip on shoes to the castle and your loose fitting clothes, even with elastic it felt a bit tight and remember a pillow to put between you and the seat belt.

Praying all goes well.
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM

Loose dresses and loose stretchy shorts/pants. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and just started wearing some of my fitted clothes last week. AND buy some larger underwear. I had 3 past c-sections and I have a little lap over from those incisions. I could not stand bikini underwear at all! Good luck and best wishes with your recovery. Take it slow and easy and follow your doctor's orders.
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:53 AM

I wear scrubs at work and we had to wear a certain color starting at the beginning of this year. I saved the old ones, which happen to be a size larger, just in case something like this came up. You can get scrubs relatively cheap at places like Wal-Mart if you don't want to spend the $$ in a uniform store. I was fine with my elastic waist band but you may prefer drawstring.
A few cool, loose fitting nightshirts and a comfortable robe would be good. And you definitely need some slip on shoes.
One non clothes suggestion- be sure to have some pads ,mini or maxi at home. I wasn't told by any of the gazillion people I saw for pre-op that I may or may not be bleeding for a few days after surgery. Of course I didn't have any at home. lol My discharge nurse was nice enough to send me home with some maternity pads to last me until I could send someone to get me some.
Good luck and God bless.
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM

I agree with the tips posted so far so won't repeat those.

- choose elasticized waists that have thick elastics since thin elastics will just dig into you instead of "hug" you
- drawstring sweats are really comfy
- loose flowy clothes are great but be aware that slightly loose might irritate sensitive skin since it kind of lightly rubs from time to time
- avoid clothes will lace, tags, etc. - anything that will itch or irritate skin
- slip on shoes are great but pick those fit well so they provide enough support when you walk (you don't want your toes to have to be gripping the shoes, etc.)
- hats are great for bedhead

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register