8 wks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 wks post-op 8 wks post-op

Unread 01-18-2010, 07:54 AM
8 wks post-op

dealing with mood swings and feeling wiped out every day! very frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Re: 8 wks post-op

Tell us more about yourself. You're 8 weeks ahead of many of us on this post. What type of surgery did you have, and what have you experienced during the last 8 weeks?
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:38 AM

Hello again, I had a laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy Nov. 17. I had lots of bleeding, periods more than once a mos. and a fibroid tumor between my left ovary and my uterus. i am 53 yrs. old. recovery went very well, I am not on any hrt. i decided to wait awhile before i jumped on that wagon! I am always tired and moody and cry over the littliest thing. I am excercising again and hope that will alleviate some of these feelings. I am new on HysterSisters and was not sure how to post or how much to post!!! thanks for responding!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2010, 09:22 AM

What I have found useful is to follow the threads posted by people who are sharing similar experiences. I cannot identify with TAH, since my surgery was not that extreme. I'm on the older end of things (59) and my body refused to listen to the hormones and give up its monthly cycle which upped my cancer risk, which along with the family history of breast cancer added to cancer risk. So I was a basket case going in.

I've never had the bleeding problems and pain so many others talk about, I can't help them. I can only help by sharing my experience. How I am able to sleep on my side. What I wished I had taken to the hospital. Things like that. So look for topics that ask questions you can answer from personal experience. And look for topics posted by people who are experienceing what you are experiencing and look for answers from their experiences.
Unread 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM

I had a TVH and BSO 4 weeks ago and went on HRT at the end of week one. I couldn't wait as I was feeling very low and crying. The benefits sure outway the cons.
I had been on Zolodex injections for a year, to induce a medical menopause and tried 6 months without HRT and 6 months with.
My surgeon says each year I can try giving it up to see what happens but i'm only 44 so it might be a while before I don't need it.

Hope that helps
Manxmaid

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register